Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

X213 update on un-level slide

Just a quick update regarding my un-level slide issue that I was having on my X213. I know I have read that others on JOF have had problems with the slide as well.

I had a new Slide Motor installed under warranty by my dealer and the problem seems to be solved. I have extended and retraced the slide several times and it seems to extend fully with the new motor and levels out every time. Slept 2 nights on it as well with now blood running to my head.

Attached are a few pictures for anyone wanting to compare what they have to my new one. New motor is silver, old one is a gold colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Motor.jpg   New motor.jpg   New Motor2.jpg  
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Just a quick update regarding my un-level slide issue that I was having on my X213. I know I have read that others on JOF have had problems with the slide as well.

I had a new Slide Motor installed under warranty by my dealer and the problem seems to be solved. I have extended and retraced the slide several times and it seems to extend fully with the new motor and levels out every time. Slept 2 nights on it as well with now blood running to my head.

Attached are a few pictures for anyone wanting to compare what they have to my new one. New motor is silver, old one is a gold colour.

Where is the motor located at - and what was the bad motor doing that caused you to get a new one. My slide goes out slowly, about the same speed as the awning.

thanks
MPLARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #3

yea I put out my slide and it's about a half inch to an inch from going all the way out .how far was yours before you got the new motor. and do you have any idea of what size of motor they put in.. thanks for the update
Riverbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #4

Reason for the new motor was that the slide wasn't going out all the way. It always seemed that the motor wasn't strong enough to push that heavy slide. It was slow to deploy and wouldn't go out all the way in turn not leveling out. It took a few trips to the dealer to get the point across to them and actually get it figured out. They did a few adjustments to the slide as well.

The Motor is located right underneath the foot of the bed, under a black skirt.

Riverbum, my slide was very inconsistent in it's distance traveled, some times it would be an inch sometimes 2.5 inches from going all the way out. I don't know the size of the new motor, but will have a look next time I am in there.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #5

I checked mine earlier today - my motor is silver - hopefully that means there will be no issues. When yours is fully extended, does it click - same clicking when it is all the way in.
MPLARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #6

Mine does click when fully extended and retracted....I operate it when I am plugged into my truck while it is running instead of the RV battery
Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #7

called my RV dealer yesterday and explained the problumes that I was having with my slide. He sent an email to jayco. First they told him to try a 30amp fuse in place of the 20amp (hmm not sure how they think this will help?) . But anyway the dealer told me he has a new motor on the way. It sure is nice when you buy from a place that cares even after the sale is done.

I will let you know how it goes
Old 07-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #8

213 Slide

Just got our 2010 213 back from the dealer. Slide had worked fine for two seasons, but on our first trip out in early June it started stalling four to six inches from being fully extended. Got it in with two weeks left on the warranty,Our Jayco dealer installed the same new silver motor as seen below and a new 30 amp reset fuse, at no charge and with no fuss, considering we brought the unit in at the peak of their pre summer rush. It seems to work fine now. Just couldn't help myself, after they handed me that repair invoice with no charge, I still ended up walking out of there with about 200 bucks worth of stuff that every RV owner just has to have, sigh.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #9

I have to take mine back. The new motor seems to be tripping some sort of internal breaker (if there is such thing) while it is going out and in. I get it almost all the way out and the motor stops. Wait for 10 seconds, I hear a click and the motor is back functional. Push it out another few inches and it trips again, wait ten seconds, click and out it goes again. This goes on 3-4 times before the slide is fully extended (or retraced). It's almost like the motor heats up too much and needs a break so it cuts out. Stay tuned...
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #10

Just finished winterizing our unit & storing it for the winter. Our rear slide ran great all season with the new motor. I had also bought a spray can of slide lubricant and sprayed the gear rails, seemed to smooth operation of the slide out considerably.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #11

Since we had our motor replaced, we have had zero issues. The slide runs fast and smooth.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #12

We also have a 2012 X213 and love it however when sliding out the motor labours toward the end and we have to retract part way and then try to slide it out again. Sliding in we have no issues. We checked the colour of our slide motor and it is black, not gold or silver. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem. The slide definitely work better if I stand under and push it a bit while my wife operates the controls however I did not think there should be a need for us to take that action in our baby's first year of service!
TheHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #13

TheHags

Try lubing up the slide rails, wheels and rubber seals around the outside of the slide. This might alleviate some friction and help the slide move easier.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #14

just got the new motor in. replaced 20amp fuse with 30 amp everything seems to work great.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking at buying a used 2012 x213 this week. After looking at these picture, it appears the Thomson Saginaw motor is replaced with a Tuson.

For any owners out there struggling to get traction with Jayco, it looks like the tuson is available for as low as $225. I might consider swapping it myself if I don't get the help I need.
75-911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
Mine does click when fully extended and retracted....I operate it when I am plugged into my truck while it is running instead of the RV battery
Mine also clicks when fully extended and retracted. Seems to work the same on battery and A/C. No problems but it only 2 months old.

Anyone know if there's a maintenance schedule for lube? Don't remember seeing one.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #17

I lube it once it starts to sound a little squeaky on the way in and out. It's going to depend on how much you use it and what climate you are. I do it about 3 times a summer season just to keep things moving. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
Mine also clicks when fully extended and retracted. Seems to work the same on battery and A/C. No problems but it only 2 months old.

Anyone know if there's a maintenance schedule for lube? Don't remember seeing one.
in my 2013 whitehawk manual, it says not to lube. I think I will anyways... just be careful when you do... use cardboard and slide it above the rails and below the floor of the slide. Any lube that gets sprayed onto the floor above the rails will be on your inside carpet the next time you slide it in.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #19

When I first saw this thread with the UNLEVEL word in the title I was thinking of the other problem that I have read about the X213 has with the very heavy slide.

The adjustments seem to get out of whack over time and the end of the rear slide droops down some when extended. What I have read the slide when fully extended should be LEVEL and not drooping down on the far end of it. The results is the slide may tear the tops of the dinette seat or the couch. I was told to always be very cautious of where these top cushions are when bringing in the slide. It always amazed me there was never any designed support braces going down the trailer bumper. Those hugh rear slides has to weight a bunch. This earlier reported problem with the X213 had nothing to do with the slow moving motor problem.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
When I first saw this thread with the UNLEVEL word in the title I was thinking of the other problem that I have read about the X213 has with the very heavy slide.

The adjustments seem to get out of whack over time and the end of the rear slide droops down some when extended. What I have read the slide when fully extended should be LEVEL and not drooping down on the far end of it. The results is the slide may tear the tops of the dinette seat or the couch. I was told to always be very cautious of where these top cushions are when bringing in the slide. It always amazed me there was never any designed support braces going down the trailer bumper. Those hugh rear slides has to weight a bunch. This earlier reported problem with the X213 had nothing to do with the slow moving motor problem.

Roy Ken
Roy, the earlier reported problem with the X213 has everything to do with the slow moving slide. The reason why the slide was not leveling out was because it could not reach it's proper position because it was under powered by the slide motor. Now with the proper motor powering the slide, and the fuse upgrade, it extends (and retracts) to the correct distance, in-turn bringing it fully out, leveling out and engaging the clutch when fully extended.

Yes you still have to be mindful of the cushion issue, but from the start I never left the dinette cushions in place while retracing the slide, I just throw them up on the King Bed. It does graze my sofa cushion in one spot, but I carry a plastic tote lid that covers that area when retracting that deflects any direct contact between the slide and sofa.

I do agree with you that this slide is rather heavy and i don't know why they never made supports for the slide similar to a TT bed ends or the older Outback version of the rear slide.