Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club?

So over the winter my wife and I decided we wanted to start meeting more folks and camp with them. We have a few friends who camp and occasionally will camp with them. We also camp near family and invite them to our campsite.

We know Jayco offers an owners club on their website. There is apparently a chapter about an hour away from us. I sent the president a letter to ask for more information. This was a couple of months ago and never got a response.

Are there still local chapters? Are they still active? Although the membership fee is relatively nominal ($15), I'd hate to spend the money if there really is no local chapter for us to join. A friend of mine belongs to FMCA and travels to rallys and creates friendships.
Are we alone in trying to find folks to camp with? Are there organizations we should consider?
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #2

Have you considered the FMCA? You already have a friend in it and it is my understanding that trailers are now OK.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #3

I have also contacted the Jayco club and have never gotten a response after three attempts....so gave it up....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #4

Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by redenbacher View Post
So over the winter my wife and I decided we wanted to start meeting more folks and camp with them. We have a few friends who camp and occasionally will camp with them. We also camp near family and invite them to our campsite.

We know Jayco offers an owners club on their website. There is apparently a chapter about an hour away from us. I sent the president a letter to ask for more information. This was a couple of months ago and never got a response.

Are there still local chapters? Are they still active? Although the membership fee is relatively nominal ($15), I'd hate to spend the money if there really is no local chapter for us to join. A friend of mine belongs to FMCA and travels to rallys and creates friendships.
Are we alone in trying to find folks to camp with? Are there organizations we should consider?

Right after buying our Jayco North Point we joined the local owners club chapter. We sent them our $15 membership fee and received a membership card in the mail. That was the last we heard from them. I am sure that our membership has expired by now but, we have not heard from them even to renew.
rogers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Have you considered the FMCA? You already have a friend in it and it is my understanding that trailers are now OK.
Yes they do...we just joined.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:17 AM   #6
Site Team

We belonged to another brands national club and attended rallies all over for a good many years. Had a great time. I think they have fallen out of favor but there are still lots of them around.
Our club dropped it's national association and many in the club bought Jayco's and other brands as Sunnybrook was sold to Winnebago.

We have been camping together for 20 years at least 7 times a year, primarily in South and North Carolina and Georgia.

I think any club that is brand specific is on the way out.

IRV2 still has rallies as do FMCA and many others. Even Passport America has one.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers81 View Post
Right after buying our Jayco North Point we joined the local owners club chapter. We sent them our $15 membership fee and received a membership card in the mail. That was the last we heard from them. I am sure that our membership has expired by now but, we have not heard from them even to renew.
The JAYCO side fell apart at the National Level and the STARCRAFT side is now
FAMILY & FRIENDS CAMPING CLUB since they allowed any brand for many years, still run out of Mishawaka IN. FAMILY & FRIENDS are having a RALLY in Idaho starting on July 7th. (574) 258-0571 F&F still has numerous State level Chapters that are active as well.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #8

Have you tried Good Sam ? They also have state chapters and there may be one close to you. I was chapter president in NE OK . They would have campouts every month and state rallies yearly. Might be something you would enjoy and made a lot of friends.
corv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #9

and escapee's

Tags
groups, membership, owners club