Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #21

Just a FYI. About 2 years ago Jayco finally started actually following their own wiring diagram. Before that the only thing for certain was reality did not match the diagram-in all respects. Hard to believe but came direct to me from a foreman on the Pinnacle line (I have a 2019). With the spaghetti bowl of wires it’s hard to believe anything works. One of the good things Thor has done is make them follow the diagram. Make sure you have a good multi meter and know how to use it!
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #22

12 volt wiring

Mikec557 you were right on about those connectors. They made a huge difference. I finally pulled the 12-volt receptacle on the other side of the bed, and a couple of the LED lights on the same circuit and they were all black and white wires. I went back into the space on my side of the bed and, sure enough, there was a black/white set of wires hiding in the back corner.

Thank you all for your support and advice
felidoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #23

I just bought a 3 prong plugin with the USB and 110 receptacles built in.
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by felidoc1 View Post
Mikec557 you were right on about those connectors. They made a huge difference. I finally pulled the 12-volt receptacle on the other side of the bed, and a couple of the LED lights on the same circuit and they were all black and white wires. I went back into the space on my side of the bed and, sure enough, there was a black/white set of wires hiding in the back corner.

Thank you all for your support and advice
Glad they worked out for you.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
If you go the outlet route, you need 120v or an inverter. If you use 12volts, you can charge a usb device with the 12volt battery
The outlet itself may not fit where the OEM has used a shallow outlet box. Walls are just too thin. Of course, this only applies to the outlet / USB combos that are hardwired into place. The ones that merely plug into the outlet to give you USB charging and 4 or 6 outlets would not be constrained by the limited space
krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:15 AM   #26

I bought a USB RECEP, CUT/ STAINED a 2x4, mortised for receptacle to fit, mounted beside LIGHT FIXTURE and tapped light wires. Easy
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote