Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #1

2019 Jayco 27BH and solar

This isn't the normal solar question as I know there's a lot of info on this site and I have some digesting to do with all the information.

One thing I haven't been able to find is what's behind the sticker.

There's a sticker on the wall between the bedroom and the living area that talks about being solar ready and it has places to cut out for, I presume, a controller.

I'm just not clear on what might lay behind the sticker and I'd like to try to find out before I start cutting holes in walls. My wife would appreciate that as well, I'm sure

If there's a reference that I've not found (either here or somewhere else) a pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Here's what I've gathered about Jayco solar in general: the connection on the front is basically just for a battery trickle charger. I do know I need a charge controller (preferably MPPT, probably 30 amp.) I don't know if there's any roof prep as I haven't been up there yet (that'll happen when I install the MaxxAir covers.) I have 2 group 27 deep cycle batteries.
kweinert is offline   Reply With Quote