Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #1

2021 X213 converter question.

My lady and I just ordered a '21 X213 and I'm planning to upgrade the battery to a LiFePo4 before the camping season starts. We are going to be almost exclusively boondocking in the mountains and I have been directed to ensure she never goes cold....(uh huh).

Question is: Do the converters on newer TTs have a setting to charge LiFePo4 batteries when on shore or gen power?

Also, does something need to be done to the trailer in regards to charging the battery from the tow vehicle when changing to a this type battery?

Thanks!
JustAGuy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy101 View Post
My lady and I just ordered a '21 X213 and I'm planning to upgrade the battery to a LiFePo4 before the camping season starts. We are going to be almost exclusively boondocking in the mountains and I have been directed to ensure she never goes cold....(uh huh).

Question is: Do the converters on newer TTs have a setting to charge LiFePo4 batteries when on shore or gen power?

Also, does something need to be done to the trailer in regards to charging the battery from the tow vehicle when changing to a this type battery?

Thanks!
Yes, in this picture you will a sterling Battery to battery charger, when you are moving your unit it will charge your lithium ion phosphate battery's or any other battery for that, its programable, this is my set up--also works with and plays well with solar which i have also, and also have a house charging unit that charges these type of batterys when plugged into shore power--last picture. The house unit was just a 5 wire swap out--works great. I would also suggest a 2000 watt inverter generator--portable red unit about 499.in your case to use when you have to boone-docking
Attached Thumbnails
20190718_075238.jpg   20190525_172401.jpg  
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charging, converter, lifepo4