Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #1

21 Seneca 37TS Satellite wiring fun

Wanting to add a portable satellite dish and route signal to the A/V cabinet. This is for when I do not have line of sight using the roof mounted dish.

I have two coax inputs (SAT AND Cable) in the wet bay which do not seem to go anywhere. The only coax output in the A/V cabinet is for the roof mounted dish (LNB 1 and LNB 2) and the OTA antenna (which is wired incorrectly based on wiring diagram received from Jayco).

I traced the coax from the wet bay to the A/V cabinet and took the cabinet apart to find four coax cables behind the cabinet back not connected or mounted to anything. I assume two of these are from the Cable and SAT inputs in the wet bay. I am going to test with coax identifier. What could the other two be from?

Also there is a molex plug in the wall not connected to anything. Anyone know what this is from/for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	66310

Name:	IMG_0464.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	66311

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	66312
ebarchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:12 AM   #2

I was recently working on a squeak behind the passenger seat and had to remove the tv/fireplace cabinet. Behind the fireplace was where all the wiring comes up through the floor and I also saw 4 unconnected cables and do remember seeing 2 of them having yellow tape on them. Everything on our coach works fine tv hookup wise, but we have never used the Satellite connection in the wet bay. Now you have me curious 😂
Attached Thumbnails
D4F3342A-1227-4A7C-8164-D8D27A1271AF.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:35 AM   #3

I have a bad habit of saving every diagram or drawing that I come across for Senecas 😅 going through some 2015 media wiring diagrams I have, I found one that shows lines that are run for the “Trav’ler Dish Network or Shaw” that are marked in blue and yellow tape and dead end......so I am guessing that these are additional lines run for other satellite options like the Trav’ler and Shaw dishes which are for the Canadian version.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I have a bad habit of saving every diagram or drawing that I come across for Senecas [emoji28] going through some 2015 media wiring diagrams I have, I found one that shows lines that are run for the “Trav’ler Dish Network or Shaw” that are marked in blue and yellow tape and dead end......so I am guessing that these are additional lines run for other satellite options like the Trav’ler and Shaw dishes which are for the Canadian version.

Good to know. These are not on the diagram they sent me.

Any idea what the molex plug is from?
Old 12-16-2020, 12:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarchak View Post
Good to know. These are not on the diagram they sent me.

Any idea what the molex plug is from?
I checked every diagram I had and didn’t see anything that shows that plug or wire colors.

One thing on the lines that run from the wet bay, many people have posted that they are connected backwards on the back of the Nautilas panel in the wet bay, this may be why those aren’t working.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #6

Quote:
I checked every diagram I had and didn’t see anything that shows that plug or wire colors.

One thing on the lines that run from the wet bay, many people have posted that they are connected backwards on the back of the Nautilas panel in the wet bay, this may be why those aren’t working.

Mine are backwards on the nautilus according to the diagram and coax color, but if these are in fact two of the mysterious four, it does not really matter as they are not connected anyways.

I am very happy they ran these lines to nowhere and I was able to find them. I was prepared to run my own and this saved me a lot of time and hassle.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Wanting to add a portable satellite dish and route signal to the A/V cabinet. This is for when I do not have line of sight using the roof mounted dish.

I have two coax inputs (SAT AND Cable) in the wet bay which do not seem to go anywhere. The only coax output in the A/V cabinet is for the roof mounted dish (LNB 1 and LNB 2) and the OTA antenna (which is wired incorrectly based on wiring diagram received from Jayco).

I traced the coax from the wet bay to the A/V cabinet and took the cabinet apart to find four coax cables behind the cabinet back not connected or mounted to anything. I assume two of these are from the Cable and SAT inputs in the wet bay. I am going to test with coax identifier. What could the other two be from?

Also there is a molex plug in the wall not connected to anything. Anyone know what this is from/for?

Attachment 66310
Attachment 66311
Attachment 66312
The coax connectors in my wet bay are actually reversed. The one labelled SAT is a actually the cable connection for camp ground cable and it does go somewhere because when connected and a channel search is complete the cable does work on all three of the TVs. I have a warranty appointment at the dealer next month and will get them to make the connections right at that time.

I haven't checked but have you pulled the antenna booster switch from the cabinet wall and seen whether or not there is a coax splitter behind it? I'll also have to look but I recall an unused male connector on that back cabinet wall as well.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The coax connectors in my wet bay are actually reversed. The one labelled SAT is a actually the cable connection for camp ground cable and it does go somewhere because when connected and a channel search is complete the cable does work on all three of the TVs. I have a warranty appointment at the dealer next month and will get them to make the connections right at that time.

I haven't checked but have you pulled the antenna booster switch from the cabinet wall and seen whether or not there is a coax splitter behind it? I'll also have to look but I recall an unused male connector on that back cabinet wall as well.

The antenna booster is the first thing I opened up. The only thing connected to it is the antenna coax. There is nothing connected to Cable or Set-2. Once I confirm the Cable coax input, I will make this connection.

According to the diagram. The Set-2 should have the output to the splitter for the exterior and bedroom signal. The wall side connection is to go to the main tv. They have the splitter connected to the wall side and the main tv to the splitter. ?!?!?Coax Print.pdf

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	66318

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	66317
Old 12-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #9

Quote:
The antenna booster is the first thing I opened up. The only thing connected to it is the antenna coax. There is nothing connected to Cable or Set-2. Once I confirm the Cable coax input, I will make this connection.

According to the diagram. The Set-2 should have the output to the splitter for the exterior and bedroom signal. The wall side connection is to go to the main tv. They have the splitter connected to the wall side and the main tv to the splitter. ?!?!?Attachment 66319
Attachment 66318
Attachment 66317

I was just looking at the back of that antenna booster when I was putting my cabinet back in, should have taken pics, I usually do of everything. Mine definitely had 2 coax cables to it.

Looks like they sent you the same 2015 diagram I have, there are actually another 3 pages that go along with that, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Media Wiring Diagram 1.jpg   Media Wiring Diagram 2.jpg   Media Wiring Diagram 3.jpg   Media Wiring Diagram 4.jpg  

Old 12-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #10

Quote:
I was just looking at the back of that antenna booster when I was putting my cabinet back in, should have taken pics, I usually do of everything. Mine definitely had 2 coax cables to it.

Looks like they sent you the same 2015 diagram I have, there are actually another 3 pages that go along with that, here they are.

Thank you for sending the diagrams.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #11

Pulled my antenna booster and satellite panel out and took pics, this is how mine are. I couldn’t get it pulled up enough to see if the black coax had blue tape on it or not.
Attached Thumbnails
DE1B8812-B659-47E0-A121-43316613F79A.jpg   32669AD9-AE93-4FAB-8BB0-01A5162AECF3.jpg   7630F251-6EE2-4BD4-9901-FDD2CEE5A627.jpg  

Old 12-16-2020, 11:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Pulled my antenna booster and satellite panel out and took pics, this is how mine are. I couldn’t get it pulled up enough to see if the black coax had blue tape on it or not.

Thanks for sending pictures of your connections.

I was able to use a coax tester to determine the starting input for two of the lines. The black one without tape went to the wet bay SAT input and the gray with yellow tape went to the Cable input.

Everything is sorted out and back together. Thanks for your help.