Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #1

30 amp fuse

Brought our new jayco home wen afternoon and when unplugged from the truck had no power ,right under the front end of the camper behind battery is a rectangular little rubber sleeve inside this is where the 30 amp was that blew is this a common thing or is it because I may have run the electric jack to far up or down when disconnnecting the sway bars ?? It's a 2017 jayflight 17xf something has 3 fold our bunks /tent ends.
Kett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kett66 View Post
Brought our new jayco home wen afternoon and when unplugged from the truck had no power ,right under the front end of the camper behind battery is a rectangular little rubber sleeve inside this is where the 30 amp was that blew is this a common thing or is it because I may have run the electric jack to far up or down when disconnnecting the sway bars ?? It's a 2017 jayflight 17xf something has 3 fold our bunks /tent ends.
Congratulations on your new Jayflight!
You may have blown the fuse as you have mentioned by running the jack to the end of its up or down travel and not releasing the switch in time. Even though I try to be careful I've done the same thing myself a few times.
cppeekskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #3

We just took delivery of a 2017 JayFeather 23bhm and had the same problem. I called our dealer's service department and they directed me to replacing the 30amp fuse.
It blew at 750 miles into our maiden voyage and there is only a manual jack on our trailer so I'm not sure what caused the fuse to blow.
NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #4

Wow! We rolled out of bed at 5:30am today to leave Daytona Beach for NY with our 3 week old 19XUD. I unplugged a/c power and had no 12v power in trailer at all. We unloaded fridge packed cooler and hit the road. Called multiple dealerships enroute and a kind service person, Kerry at Camping World Savanah GA told us to check that fuse. It was blown and I also only have a manual jack. What is up? We just arrived in VA and now the trailer battery is dead after a 12 hour drive. Fuse is still good but battery did not charge in route. Any ideas?
JimFL is offline   Reply With Quote