Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #21

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Well same happened to us this morning at 9:43a, our rear AC while running quietly by itself in LO AUTO in our 3 year old (fulltiming) 2017 North Point 377RLBH, came roaring to life like an air compressor on the roof turned on. HOLY CRAP! Sounded awful. About 20 seconds total elapsed before we could get it to turn off, and a burnt smell coming out the vents. I first thought the compressor fried on us. I called AirExcel and Tech Mike said it probably is the run capacitor gone bad where voltage dropped below 108v starving the compressor. We’re on our 5 acre property in TX hill country, so I called the electric company to see if there might have been a voltage drop recorded as ac’s in the area may have simultaneous kicked on as today’s hi temp peaked about 102.

I got up on the hot roof, pulled the cover and had the DW start up on low fan only and things seemed ok. I said goto cool lo, compressor turned on, ran quietly, I said turn to hi fan now and major blower fan noise came on and the blower motor shook violently in its rubber confines. After the LCD off command, it runs another 5 or 7 seconds before it shuts down. I pulled the blower housing off and found this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4438.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	50850

So now somethings up with the squirrel cage fans. It appears we have the latest plastic D version 3 blade on the condenser fan, I’ve read the history since 2014. Sad. Now this. I’ve ordered the part plus a spare from Amazon, and the reviews show they too are breaking again and again. Today is Thurs, and it won’t arrive till Monday. No one near us has this part in stock, as I’d gladly drive 90 miles to get it same day. I just hope our forward AC can keep us cool in this 100 degree heat till Monday evening. I’ll be inspecting all remaining fans closely it when it gets cooler.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #22

We had one of the blower wheels go last August also. It sound like h33l on earth when it happened. Luckily, it happened on a weekday and I was able to get a replacement in 2 days. At you said, no one had one in stock anywhere close. Naturally, it was the hottest days of the summer, we just huddled in the bedroom during that 2 days.
One thing, the blower wheel will only go on one way, so keep a close eye on how the damage wheel is mounted when you remove. If you try to put on the wrong end first on the shaft it won’t go on far enough to clear the shroud. Also, it fit really tight on the shaft, I had to push/hit the blower wheel to get all the way.
Good luck on the repair and try to stay cool!

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
Rjhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #23

Dskyward,

The repair is simple. Mine was still under warranty. AirExcel sent out 2 sets of replacements. 2 squirrel cages and 2 fan blades. Replaced the rear squirrel and both the fan blades, keep the old fan blades just in case, trashed the broken cage.

But wait till you see my next post that completely solves the problem of another AC issue. An it lowered my elec bill by 80% in the summer in Vegas.
Jayco311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:01 PM   #24

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post766590
Jayco311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1472b504, 1472c504, coleman, fan failure, mach 8