Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #1

Amazon Q and A

I thought I would post this here as I get better answers on this forum that almost any other forum on the web.
I use Amazon...a lot.
The other day I posted a question about the Kindle Fire HD10 on the Amazon product page. Nobody had any answers to my question. However, in the mean time I found the answer myself and wanted to update my own question with the answer. Seems pretty simple right? Kind of like posting back to your own thread on a forum.
Well, apparently it is not so simple. There are over 1000 questions for this particular product. Even if I enter the EXACT text of my original question, it does not show up. I spent a hour chatting with three different Amazon reps and still could not get an answer.
So, here is what I want to do:
Find my own question on the Kindle Fire HD10 product page and post back an answer to my own question. Does anyone know how to manage this seemingly insurmountable task?

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #2

I don't see a way to search for questions posted on an item, you can search for reviews you have posted but nothing on questions.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Site Team

I have asked questions about products and got a response that no one responded?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #4

I quit using amazon... there are much better and more price effective solutions than that...

GL...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:59 AM   #5
Site Team

I read that this Christmas season they expect more online sales than local retail for the first time.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #6

If we knew the question we may be able to help. I have googled a question, like; "Problems with Kindle Fire"......

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
I quit using amazon... there are much better and more price effective solutions than that...

GL...
I also quit using them for everything other than e-books due to the problems with half "baked" customer service, careless picking errors, pathetically poor packaging, and their hopelessly inept AMZL delivery "service".
Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #8

Thanks for all the replies, this is not really a big enough deal to worry about.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
Old 11-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #9

Amazon Bait and Switch

Bought a Sunforce 11240 Pure Sine Wave inverter on Amazon.List price 212.00 OK price.There promo was fill out a Amazon Visa credit card app get 50 more bucks off. Could not pass that up we have excellent credit.Filled out on line app 10 minutes, pressed process.Credit denied, wants me to purchase at $212.00 no way! 45 minutes later two off shore guys, then finally US support.These guys work out of there homes, finally got to US supervisor.Reluctant and gave me the additional 50 off.Next day they sent me another $50.00 gift card.Anyways done with Amazon after I use my gift card.With ebay no sales tax free shipping almost every time.Merry Christmas All
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Bought a Sunforce 11240 Pure Sine Wave inverter on Amazon.List price 212.00 OK price.There promo was fill out a Amazon Visa credit card app get 50 more bucks off. Could not pass that up we have excellent credit.Filled out on line app 10 minutes, pressed process.Credit denied, wants me to purchase at $212.00 no way! 45 minutes later two off shore guys, then finally US support.These guys work out of there homes, finally got to US supervisor.Reluctant and gave me the additional 50 off.Next day they sent me another $50.00 gift card.Anyways done with Amazon after I use my gift card.With ebay no sales tax free shipping almost every time.Merry Christmas All
How the big, fat, holy, hairy heck did you get U.S. support, let alone a support supervisor? The last time I tried dealing with their "support", I couldn't get one from the U.S., even after I filed a BBB complaint!
Old 11-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #11

Several years ago I found out it was relatively simple to file an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. After I mentioned that to first Amazon guy they seemed more helpful. Still filled complaint I can not stand those guys! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #12

Wow!

You guys are a tough crowd. I'm not a Amazon Prime customer but we buy quite a bit of stuff there. Only had one problem. After a couple emails, I picked up the phone and it was resolved in about five minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post

GL...
I'm curious. What are the better options?

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #13

Sorry to take the thread further off track as I don’t have an answer for the OP, but I for one love Amazon. I spend literally thousands a year. Based on their market dominance, the naysayers are the overwhelming minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by repacs0103 View Post
Sorry to take the thread further off track as I don’t have an answer for the OP, but I for one love Amazon. I spend literally thousands a year. Based on their market dominance, the naysayers are the overwhelming minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2, I bought a brand new Barker VIP 3500 electric jack from the warehouse deals section for $88.00. It arrived in the original sealed box, a bit beat up from shipping but it saved me almost $200 from what everyone else was selling it for. Two years later its still chugging along.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by repacs0103 View Post
X3. I do most of my shopping on Amazon as does my daughter even going so far as to do all grocery shopping there. Their customer service is absolutely impeccable. Returns are very easy with the money being returned as soon as the return product is scanned at the UPS store. I've never had a problem that hasn't been quickly resolved in the proper manner. Customer since 2004 and don't have to pay for Prime as my daughter is the primary member and can include 4 other people with no charge (that deal is no longer offered).

So this thread wanders further off track.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
X3. I do most of my shopping on Amazon as does my daughter even going so far as to do all grocery shopping there. Their customer service is absolutely impeccable. Returns are very easy with the money being returned as soon as the return product is scanned at the UPS store. I've never had a problem that hasn't been quickly resolved in the proper manner. Customer since 2004 and don't have to pay for Prime as my daughter is the primary member and can include 4 other people with no charge (that deal is no longer offered).

So this thread wanders further off track.
Ditto may times over. Think I have over 100 purchases this year. Have they all gone perfect? No. Have they all been resolved with an online chat or an email? Yes. We are Prime members so we get the video streaming along with the 2 day shipping etc. Well worth it and never an issue with resolving a problem.

Recently bought a new propane regulator for the gas stove in my home. Purposely bought the HI flow model incase I add a gas fireplace in the future. I was a few #$$ higher than the standard flow but wanted the extra capacity. Amazon sent me the standard version in error. I scheduled a return and reordered the Hi flow. In response to my feedback I received an email that confirmed the refund and advised that I could keep the first one [did not need to return it. My reordered Hi flow is scheduled to be delivered today. This is a $50 item so I feel they really stepped up to compensate for their shipping error. The standard flow regulator [Made in the USA] will be used to replace the oem on my WHawk in the Spring.

I ordered a mounting bracket for the regulator [universal for this manufacturer] from Ebay and there was no way it would fit. Ebay seller accepted returns but I had to pay return shipping. Big difference over my experience with Amazon. I kept the bracket and modified it so it would work.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Ih half "baked" customer service, careless picking errors, pathetically poor packaging, and their hopelessly inept AMZL delivery "service".
What is AMZL delivery service? Almost all of my Amazon purchases come via UPS with a few smaller items delivered by the USPS.

With their record sales volume this year I suspect they aren't missing you.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
What is AMZL delivery service? Almost all of my Amazon purchases come via UPS with a few smaller items delivered by the USPS.

I am the OP and in general am quite happy with Amazon (I have been a prime member for years). I have purchased everything from Weight Distribution Hitches and Generators to shower curtains. I don't think I have ever had an issue that wasn't resolved with a simple email or chat. The only reason for my OP was I could not figure out how to do something on their web site.
I should probably look into Ebay more often as they may have changed over the years. I quit using them years ago when ebay was synonymous with scams and bidders that tended to drive the price too high (Great for the seller though).

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
Old 12-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #19

Thing is that eBay itself is not a merchant, it is a marketplace. Kind of like going to the world's largest flea market. I shop eBay with a very strong sense of "buyer beware" but have had mostly good experiences.

Amazon on the other hand is both a merchant and a marketplace. I shop a ton on Amazon, and usually will take "fulfilled by Amazon" over a 3rd party seller. Amazon does stand behind what they sell, and problems I've had with their stuff have been really easy to resolve. For the marketplace vendors on Amazon, it is very similar to eBay, but I do trust the buyer feedback about vendors more on Amazon.

Hardest thing about Amazon for me as a Canadian is keeping my Amazon.com and Amazon.ca straight. Amazon treats them as the same account, so I have to be really careful that I am shipping to MyUSAddress and using my US Credit Card when shopping on the .com site.

And to OP - no, I haven't been able to figure out how to get to my answers (let alone my questions) when I wanted to update some information.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post

AMZL (Amazon Logistics) is Amazon's latest half baked cost cutting venture. It is gradually being phased in various areas. Read here for more info. The internet is littered with accounts of their poor service.

I know darned well they won't miss me (the way they have treated me in the last two or three years I used them has made it abundantly clear they couldn't care less) and, frankly, I don't give the north end of a south bound furry little rodent whether they do or not. I usually can find better prices and service elsewhere; I just have to do a bit more research (but the rewards are worth it!).