Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #21

Cookijar, we had talked to them several times before bringing it in. I included the link to this post showing others had the issue. We got no flack from our dealer. Access to the furnace in the 377 is through the cargo compartment. It sits above the water heater on its own shelf. No access from the outside, which sucks for both them fixing and us resetting.

It seems to me that the furnace is actually putting out more heat than before, not real sure about that though.

I would say that this is something that is known, don't let them put you off.
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #22

Thought it was fixed

We took our trailer in to Jayco dealer in Florida. They found a gas solinoid not working which in turn supposedly took out the circuit bourd. They replaced both. Then furnace worked for 2 nights that we needed it but last night quit again. Going back North taking back to our original dealer. After 3 times being "fixed" I think it's time for a new furnace.
Cookijar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:37 AM   #23

Having identical issue. Brought the camper out for the season and the heat quit working. All fuses looked good, found this thread and sure enough that switch solves the problem. The issue now is that it only solves it for about 10 minutes....
cmykpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmykpro View Post
Having identical issue. Brought the camper out for the season and the heat quit working. All fuses looked good, found this thread and sure enough that switch solves the problem. The issue now is that it only solves it for about 10 minutes....

Take it to the dealer and show them this thread. Ours is working perfectly so far.
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Old 05-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdiwade View Post
Take it to the dealer and show them this thread. Ours is working perfectly so far.
What ended up being the cause/solution to yours?
Old 05-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmykpro View Post
What ended up being the cause/solution to yours?
I was told they rebuilt it, new circuit board and possibly other stuff. They did not get into specifics, but it sounded like it was not just a quick fix for them.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #27

I was outside flushing tanks when out of the blue it starts ticking and the exhaust fan spins momentarily. Thermostat is set to 66 and the thermometer says 77. I turned the furnace on and it ran fine but started ticking again when the furnace turned off.

I had to pull the fuse. I will update when I find out what is going on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #28

Wow! Truly learned the value of the forum today. Last night we went to the trailer to get ready for bed and noticed it was 61 degrees. Figured I'd turn the heat on for a bit to take the edge off. Flipped the switch and nothing happened. Checked the fuses and propane and everything was good. Today I got on the forum and searched Attwood furnaces and found this post. Sure enough, locating the reset button did the trick. One more annoying feature of this trailer I'm trying to learn to love (my wife's orders). Not easy access, but nice to know about. Thanks for the info. Now it will be interesting to see if this becomes a reoccurring problem. Still under warranty until the end of September.

Jim
Old 08-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #29

Here we go again. Dealer came out in May and swore that switch can't flip on its own. Fast forward to today when we actually need heat and the switch is flipping yet again...
Old 10-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #30

Furnace finally replaced

Sorry didn't post sooner. After jayco warranty paying 3 different dealers to fix our furnace and then still have it fail. They agreed to replace furnace. Has worked beautifully ever since. People at Jayco warranty we're good to work with on this frustrating problem.
Cookijar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #31

We still had to do 2 resets the first night the temperature dropped this fall. It has worked since then.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #32

Could you tell us what panel was removed to reveal the furnace?

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhook View Post
Could you tell us what panel was removed to reveal the furnace?
Two of them
  1. The angled panel behind the water control
  2. The big panel along the side. over the tanks and wiring.

This one involves working around the water lines for the washer/dryer hookup and will require re-connecting the vacuum hose.

You may be able to get to it with a stick and the small panel, I was not able to. Almost everything has to be removed from the basement for the panel to open as I needed to get in behind to reach it. It looks like this is one of the odd trailers that does not have external access to hot water/furnace.

Be careful, if it has run and you need to reset it, reaching over the furnace to the switch is right over the plenum and ducts, which get HOT . Wear a longsleeved shirt. I still have marks on my arm a year later from going at it bare.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #34

Is there another switch, a master power switch, on this furnace that could potentially trigger? I had the same issue, furnace in my 377 was working fine then middle of the night stopped. Woke up to 55 degrees. Checked everything, even flipped the reset a few times talked about in this thread, no luck. Brought into dealer and they told me they flipped the master switch (not the reset) on the furnace and now it’s working as designed. They told me it wasn’t the reset. Picking up tomorrow and asked to be shown this magic switch.

Thanks
Rolling_Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #35

The only other switch I can think of is the breaker in the fuse panel.

Let us all know what switch they ars tripping.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdiwade View Post
I learned something very important last night and today. We had a troublesome night with our Atwood furnace going completely dead, and extremely cold weather on the horizon. It was dead dead. Thermostat would click but furnace did nothing. Waited for soft and did a hard reset, nothing. Checked fuse, it was good.

I called the dealer, Big Sky RV in Bozeman MT., 4.5 hours and 2 mountain passes away, and Chris in service told me about another reset I don't remember reading about in the manual.

The 377RLBH does not have outside access to the furnace, which sits on a shelf above the water heater, behind the water control panel. There is a breaker switch on the top. That evidently is super double secret.

Start with the thermostat turned off. I had to remove all of the panels on that side. This is good because now i know where to install the ems when it gets ordered. All of the air ducts may not have had to be removed, but I did as they twist on and off. Follow the wires back and there is the switch. Click it on and off. Off is the side without the ridge, and has more of a click, like a breaker. Leave it off for at least 30 seconds. Turn the thermostat on and hopefully yours will turn on like ours did.

Now the fun of reassembly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for posting this and sharing a pic of the reset switch. We could not figure out how to get our furnace to turn on, and it is 15 degrees outside. After some digging and removing of panels, we finally found the switch, thanks in no small part to that picture, which helped us determine what we were looking for. With the switch reset, we now have heat, which feels amazing!! Thanks so much!
TheMcFarlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #37

Atwood furnace reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMcFarlins View Post
Thank you so much for posting this and sharing a pic of the reset switch. We could not figure out how to get our furnace to turn on, and it is 15 degrees outside. After some digging and removing of panels, we finally found the switch, thanks in no small part to that picture, which helped us determine what we were looking for. With the switch reset, we now have heat, whitch feels amazing!! Thanks so much!

Very happy to have helped.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #38

North point 377rlbh furnace reset

Had the same problem with the Atwood furnace, after doing some research I located the furnace reset in the garage(pass through) behind the panel next to the water filter panel. Reset the secondary furnace reset and I had heat. Hope the pictures help since there wasn’t a lot of pictures online.
Attached Thumbnails
0524D9F3-B9AF-4FFE-A63B-EDFF677A220A.jpg   8E3519C5-4589-4B58-9886-3C4101DF2872.jpg  
Admells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #39

The second photo is GREAT! Take it in while under warranty. Show them this thread so they know it isn’t a one off thing.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admells View Post
Had the same problem with the Atwood furnace, after doing some research I located the furnace reset in the garage(pass through) behind the panel next to the water filter panel. Reset the secondary furnace reset and I had heat. Hope the pictures help since there wasn’t a lot of pictures online.
Thank you for this info! Is that the position the switch should be in under normal operation?
Rolling_Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote