Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1

Auto Level

Just purchased a 2019 Pinnacle 36kpts. For whatever reason the middle leveling jacks do not extend to the ground. Only the 4 corner jacks go down to the ground. Has anyone run into this?
tomdeoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

[QUOTE=DonaandDon;775621]Your LCI should give you a end of travel fault. With your outside local panel flashing red.

To prevent this from occurring we place blocks under each ram. Ours normally take two 2X8 under the center rams and three 2X8 under the rear rams.

The middle rams are only used to stabilize not to level.

1- Can you disconnect and reconnect the RV from your truck?

2- Do you adjust the front landing gear prior to disconnecting from your truck? I advise not to drop the legs before lowering the landing gear to disconnect the truck, this can cause the RV tires to lift off the ground while leveling.

2) Will your RV level it's self?

3) Are any tires lifting off the ground?

Some campgrounds require to place blocks under all rams. In this case I have 2 1" plastic pads I use under the front feet.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

Donnaanddon, thanks for the reply. I always drop the front legs, disconnect the tv, and then auto level. I place about six inches of blocking under the back four legs. The camper seems to level fine but the middle legs will only drop a couple inches. No fault code is tripped on the panel. No tires are off the ground. I can't imagine the legs being out of stroke because the lots have been pretty level and the legs only need to drop a few inches.
tomdeoca is offline   Reply With Quote