Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #1

Backing in outdoor Kitchen for Tv mount

Iíve got a 2017 295bdok with outdoor kitchen that has the space for the tv mount. Can anyone tell me where the backing is located and thick it is? It has the sticker on it but itís kinda off to the side. If anyone knows anything about how they are made or where itís located would be great? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #2

We have the 29.5 BHDS. If your setup is like mine, I believe the backing is 5/8 ply that is the width and height of the outdoor kitchen panel. I drilled a pilot hole and measured about 3/4” from the outside of the outdoor panel to the inside of the interior panel.

What I noticed is that the panel will bow outward if you put the mount too high. I ended up mounting mine to the left but at the same height of the sticker. I think the are kind of sloppy when they put those stickers on.

My trailer is a different model from yours, so things may be different.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:02 PM   #3

Backing in outdoor Kitchen for Tv mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall36 View Post
We have the 29.5 BHDS. If your setup is like mine, I believe the backing is 5/8 ply that is the width and height of the outdoor kitchen panel. I drilled a pilot hole and measured about 3/4Ē from the outside of the outdoor panel to the inside of the interior panel.

What I noticed is that the panel will bow outward if you put the mount too high. I ended up mounting mine to the left but at the same height of the sticker. I think the are kind of sloppy when they put those stickers on.

Thatís kinda what I figured but wasnít for certain. They build theses things as cheap and light as possible. I contacted Jaycoís customer support about it as well they sent me the blue print but it shows the insulation not the blocking! But Iíll get it figured out thanks for your help!

Old 03-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #4

In our 295dbok the tv in outside kitchen came from factory but looks like itís centered in the opening.
AndyHetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHetzer View Post

In our 295dbok the tv in outside kitchen came from factory but looks like itís centered in the opening.

AndyHetzer
What size tv is mounted?

Old 03-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #6

Quote:

How do you like the grill. I'm thinking about swapping my 2 burner stove out for the grill.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #7

Itís a 32Ē tv

The outdoor grill seems like a great idea but Iím not a huge fan. Itís so close that it splatters grease in kitchen area so I still use my Coleman grill 99% of the time so I can keep a larger distance from camper.

AndyHetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Itís a 32Ē tv

The outdoor grill seems like a great idea but Iím not a huge fan. Itís so close that it splatters grease in kitchen area so I still use my Coleman grill 99% of the time so I can keep a larger distance from camper.

Thanks, I still use charcoal when I can but was looking for backup for places that don't allow the use of charcoal grills.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall36 View Post
We have the 29.5 BHDS. If your setup is like mine, I believe the backing is 5/8 ply that is the width and height of the outdoor kitchen panel. I drilled a pilot hole and measured about 3/4Ē from the outside of the outdoor panel to the inside of the interior panel.

Shall36
What size tv did you install?

Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 AM   #10

I have a 39” on a swing arm mount. I take it down when we travel.

For Cannon, I will trade my grill for your burner stove. I use my Weber for grilling.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #11

I realize this is a very old thread but Iím throwing up a Hail Mary here. We just picked up a 2021 29.5 BHDS and got a Morryde TV Mount and a 32Ē tv for the outside kitchen. Called Jayco customer service to see what is behind there for a backer, what size, and how deep that wall is. She said the backer is 1Ēx6Ēx42Ē and there looks to be a metal backer behind that on the bunk side. The wall feels very solid the TV Mount goes on and seems a lot bigger than the 1x6x42. I was guessing it was likely a 5/8Ē plywood back like leftovers from floors. Iím also wondering now if that metal backer would be there for the bunk support or to prevent screws coming through the wall?

Anyway, my Mount has 6 holes for mounting so I figured using 3/4Ē long wood screws. Does anyone know how long of screws they used for a mount without the screw coming out the other side in the bunk area?

Thanks
Loomis077 is offline   Reply With Quote