Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

Barker 22 gallon tote-a-long - assembly questions

Howdy-

Newbie question -

So my new 22 gal Barker 2-wheel tote arrived today and I have assembled it.
My question is about the included 5' sewer hose attachment.

It has one included connector that I have attached to the sewer hose with the supplied clamp. The connector will attach to my TT sewer fitting (like a typical sewer hose set up).
But no additional connector has been supplied for the other end of the sewer hose and the directions do not address that. The cut end of the sewer hose doesn't fit in the 3" tote hole - I guess I need to purchase a second connector for that????

I cannot find any Youtube videos of this model or online forum threads that explain this.

Also - the tow handle seems to slip off easily - is there a method to attach it more securely when I tow it to the dump station?

EDIT - also, please give me storage ideas while in transit, thanks!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #2

I have the same tote.

First I don't use it for black water so this may not apply to you.

I don't use the 5' sewer hose to fill the tote. I use one of the sewer connecters the reduces the flow to hose thread, then I use a 12"-15" piece of garden hose to fill the tote. It threads on both the tote and aforemention connector. It takes little longer to fill with 5/8"hose vs 4" sewer hose but I have much better controll.

At the dump station I use my sewer hose. None of the dump station I use provide a way to attach the hose at the sewer inlet, so it doesn't really matter if your hose has connectors on both ends.

At full HU CGs, I use a RhinoFlex --- much beter than the hose I believe came with your tote.

My tote rides strapped the rear ladder on a beach chair ladder holder. Couple of ratchet straps and the chair rack hold it well.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-51490-Bl.../dp/B000EDUUJ4
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #3

My tow handle is very secure. Make sure you installing it correctly. The tabs enter the modled handle from the bottom -- little differnt that visual it looks like it should attach, but I have had no issues.

Scroll about 1/2 down for pictures of both hose attachement I mention and image of it being towed

http://www.title-3.com/GrayWater.htm
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #4

Thanks Clubhouse! I now understand how the tow handle works and how to dump the tote once I am at a sewer station.
I'm still a little confused about how to effectively get the grey water from my TT into the tank using a 3" sewer hose. I am not planning on using it for black water unless I am in a bind somehow.

I think I understand the garden hose adapter method you use fpr the grey water into the tote.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #5

I recently bought a Barker tote that also came with the short hose, clamp and connector. I struggled and struggled trying to get that connector on but gave up. I plan on buying a 5' sewer extension and toss the supplied "some assembly required" hose.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #6

Iraqvet: The instructions recommended using a hair blowdryer to warm the end of the sewer hose to make the plastic expand a bit- I did that and was able to attach the adapter....
Old 04-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #7

They only give you 1 end because they don't fit down most rv dump station holes. You could buy an extra end that is removable.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Easy...t-Fit/14504307
Old 04-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #8

Thanks riverbum, that confirms the type of connector I need to purchase.