Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #1

battery disconnect ?

Hello all. new guy here. just bought a 2001 C, 24' Chevy. I really like it.
to the problem the battery disconnect wont. the KIB solenoid appears to have been changed as it is dated 2016. the entry door switch also appears to have been changed. but it does have the brown/white wires.
the KIB unit, on the + side has 1 big cable, a small bare wire from the large term. to the fuse and a 14g. red wire, which comes from the fuse to the small + term. on the load side are more large cables. a brown 12 g. wire is on the small - term. the load side fuse had a small bare wire and a green wire, neither connected to anything. no white wire anywhere.
I removed the sol. from the coach and set it up on the bench [wires everywhere] and still could not get it to go off. although I did not use a momentary switch.
so is the sol. just bad.or is there something else wrong. I dont want to spend $75.00 for nothing.
any help will be appreciated.
thanks Rod in AZ
JohnRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #2

I took the KIB sol. to the auto electric guy. he tested it and it was no good. so I ordered a new one.
since the original was replaced by the now defective 2nd unit, I have to wonder how long the 3rd [newest] one will last.
Rod
JohnRod is offline   Reply With Quote