Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #1

Black Tank Flush

When I Backflush Black water Tank I get water from somewhere running into the coach
I have the settings set for Sanitizing.
Goldwing0848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #2

Black tank flush is usually a black colored attachment that the hose screws into. If my trailer is set to sanitize it will fill the fresh water tank.

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #3

Just purchased this new Jayco Melbourne.
Put hose on bottom fitting On the Melbourne top fitting is for city water and bottom for tank flush.
Opened up the tank to flush. Turned on the water and water started coming into coach from wall behind toilet. It was clean water.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
RBW

On my unit I put the water hose on the black tank flush inlet, open the black tank drain valve, and turn on the water tap. I usually cycle the black tank valve to let the water partially fill the black tank and then reopen the black tank valve to let it drain. I believe this helps to reach the sides of the black tank. By the way, I use a different hose from the one I fill the fresh water tank with. My second hose is dedicated to black tank operations only. Some have felt that wasn't necessary in past posts but it makes me feel safer.
Home of the Spruce Goose
McMinnville, OR
RBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing0848 View Post
Just purchased this new Jayco Melbourne.
Put hose on bottom fitting On the Melbourne top fitting is for city water and bottom for tank flush.
Opened up the tank to flush. Turned on the water and water started coming into coach from wall behind toilet. It was clean water.
That is a sign of a defective check valve. They are usually installed behind walls which makes them inaccessible to replace.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:03 AM   #6

Check Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
That is a sign of a defective check valve. They are usually installed behind walls which makes them inaccessible to replace.
Thank you ! I read that we had a check valve but had no idea where it might be located.
Trip back to the dealer!!! Thanks
Old 03-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Black Tank Flush

I found mine behind the shower stall wall from linen storage 2 years ago while reversing the shower C/H valve-handle in our NorthPoint fifth wheel. Cold water was leaking into the hot line, making hot showers not that hot, so I simply flipped the valve. Two extra pex water lines coming up out of the basement underbelly...I didn’t know what it was for, until recently accessing the furnace reset switch. Jayco wants the black tank rinse inlet line to travel way vertical, enter the check valve or vacuum breaker and take a U turn 7’ back down into the black tank. The $20 part is plug n play.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3265.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	69284
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #8

They are probably the same folks complaining about their water tasting funny.
FishNFarm is offline   Reply With Quote