Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #1

Black Tank Flush not flowing

I Can't get my Black Tank flush to work, I have a 2018 Jayco SLX8 267 BHSW with the factory install Black Tank flush system.

As far as I can tell I have water entering the system, but there is no water spraying or flowing into the tank. I can not find a value or switch to turn on and there is nothing listed in the owners manual.

Is there something I am missing, or do I have an issue with the system etc.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:11 PM   #2

There is a backflow preventer valve somewhere in the flush line. Mine is under the bathroom sink. Other than that there is nothing between the exterior hose connection and the sprayer. If water is making it through the backflow valve then I would thing the sprayer is either plugged with debris or is defective and doesn't spray.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #3

Should not be plugged with debris, there hasn't been anything solid in the tank yet.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBC View Post
Should not be plugged with debris, there hasn't been anything solid in the tank yet.

You would think so but I found a lot of debris in the PEX lines of my water system. My kitchen sink was almost completely plugged. If you haven't seen all the posts yet the RV industry attention to detail, even on basic practises, is sorely lacking. If not that, like I said, check out the backflow valve. If it's not debris, the valve, it can only be the sprayer itself. Those are the only components of the system. Good luck. Please post your findings when you get it working properly.

The debris I am talking about was PEX debris from construction, not from something I introduced.

Dale
Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #5

My vote is the backflow valve as causing the problem. The one on my White Hawk must have been stuck closed and prevented water from entering the tank thru the flush nosle. At a later time I gave it another go and was happy when I heard the water flowing thru the hose. My mistake as I entered the TT after about 3 minutes to find most of the main cabin and the bathroom flooded. Seemed the valve now was stuck half open/closed allowing the water to spray directly out the vent under the sink.

I have since removed the valve altogether and reconnected the line that now allows direct flow into the black tank. I know that with this mod it is technically possible to end up with a syphon flow out of the flush line if it is left connected to the hose. I always turn off the water flow when finished and open the hose connection to break any possible syphon. The backflow preventor valve is a good idea if the RV industry would find one that can be relied on to work. Guess why the supplier will likely replace a faulty valve without charge. They understand that many of their installed valves do not function correctly.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
My vote is the backflow valve as causing the problem. The one on my White Hawk must have been stuck closed and prevented water from entering the tank thru the flush nosle. At a later time I gave it another go and was happy when I heard the water flowing thru the hose. My mistake as I entered the TT after about 3 minutes to find most of the main cabin and the bathroom flooded. Seemed the valve now was stuck half open/closed allowing the water to spray directly out the vent under the sink.

I have since removed the valve altogether and reconnected the line that now allows direct flow into the black tank. I know that with this mod it is technically possible to end up with a syphon flow out of the flush line if it is left connected to the hose. I always turn off the water flow when finished and open the hose connection to break any possible syphon. The backflow preventor valve is a good idea if the RV industry would find one that can be relied on to work. Guess why the supplier will likely replace a faulty valve without charge. They understand that many of their installed valves do not function correctly.

My backflow valve was installed upside down. I never got a flood but I took it out anyway. I bought a isolation valve that screws on to the hose so it's outside the trailer.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:32 AM   #7

Quote:
I Can't get my Black Tank flush to work, I have a 2018 Jayco SLX8 267 BHSW with the factory install Black Tank flush system.

As far as I can tell I have water entering the system, but there is no water spraying or flowing into the tank. I can not find a value or switch to turn on and there is nothing listed in the owners manual.

Is there something I am missing, or do I have an issue with the system etc.
On the eagle's there is a flip switch above where you screw the hose in with two hose connections one is for tank fill and the other is for Black Tank flush system. make sure you flip the switch for the connection you are using.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote