Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2021, 06:42 AM   #1

Blurry back up camera

The back up camera on my Northpoint is very blurry to the point of being unusable. I cleaned the lens to see if that would help but no improvement. Has anyone else had that problem and if so were you able to fix it, or do I need to buy a new camera or a whole new system.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #2

Mine’s the same. Water intrusion into the camera lense. I have a new camera, I just haven’t replaced it yet.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:54 PM   #3

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Wow, that is a bummer to hear your backup camera went blurry inside. And yours too Dan? We fulltime and added the $592 option backup cam. It’s a Voyager WVOS541 on our 2017 North Point 377RLBH. However, it is a wireless fulltime camera hard wired into the house batteries. It has no off switch, so it’s on 24/7. It’s nighttime IR isn’t any good anymore, although we only arrived after dark on only three occasions years ago. I thought Jayco went with a different model the following year, but ours was supposed to have been the highest rated at the time and meant for fulltime rear security when parked, you’d plug-in the monitor in the 12v outlet in the master bedroom dresser. It is very low def and can barely see a vehicle at 100’, and has a half second delay, so you have to factor that in when driving. Would love to get a wired HD cam back there someday, along with two more cams at the corners monitoring tail swing.

So did you get a replacement cam by now? What kind?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Wow, that is a bummer to hear your backup camera went blurry inside. And yours too Dan? We fulltime and added the $592 option backup cam. It’s a Voyager WVOS541 on our 2017 North Point 377RLBH. However, it is a wireless fulltime camera hard wired into the house batteries. It has no off switch, so it’s on 24/7. It’s nighttime IR isn’t any good anymore, although we only arrived after dark on only three occasions years ago. I thought Jayco went with a different model the following year, but ours was supposed to have been the highest rated at the time and meant for fulltime rear security when parked, you’d plug-in the monitor in the 12v outlet in the master bedroom dresser. It is very low def and can barely see a vehicle at 100’, and has a half second delay, so you have to factor that in when driving. Would love to get a wired HD cam back there someday, along with two more cams at the corners monitoring tail swing.

So did you get a replacement cam by now? What kind?

I went with the Haloview rear camera with the side marker cameras. Couldn’t be happier!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5129.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	73641
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5128.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	73642
Old 07-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #5

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Blurry back up camera

I’ve read about those sometime ago. Tom put them on his and was mostly happy. I didn’t remember it had a large red running light for the rear camera. Is it quite bright, and/or is it optional to install?

Also, with the side cams up front, how well can you monitor tail swing? Edit: can all three cams be monitored at once for a long time or does it default to rear cam while driving?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #6

I know I posted a picture of the monitor screen somewhere, but I don’t have it on my phone. I LOVE the side marker cameras! I can see the complete side of the 5er. When we 1st purchased the 377, I hit a pole at the storage lot that’s on my passenger side that I didn’t anticipate with the tail swing. I’ve always respected that pole since & have someone stand there on my blindside to let me know if I get close. I nolonger need this spotter with these cameras.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:19 PM   #7

I have the same issue with water intrusion in my side camera and I think I found why today as I was parked beside another Jayco 5W.

On mine the camera are mounted upside down, and I think water comes in from the pairing button and the light sensor which is now on top and exposed to rain.

I always wonder why the Furrion logo was reverse !

See the picture
Attached Thumbnails
912A03B4-762B-4B48-8100-5D3325300E7B.jpg  
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:59 AM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Some of those backup cameras are not designed to be on fulltime. Constant use produces burnout which results in blurred imaging.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
I have the same issue with water intrusion in my side camera and I think I found why today as I was parked beside another Jayco 5W.

On mine the camera are mounted upside down, and I think water comes in from the pairing button and the light sensor which is now on top and exposed to rain.

I always wonder why the Furrion logo was reverse !

See the picture
Just got the response from Lippert (Furrion) and the are installed wrong, the pairing button has to be facing down, not up.

That means Jayco have incorrectly installed them from factory…
Old 09-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #10

I had the same problem with three furrion backup cameras (one in my previous trailer that I installed, and two in my North Point) after about a year to year and a half. I stopped giving them money and switched to haloview now.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:39 AM   #11

Do you like the Haloview? Is the signal better than the Furrion ? Mine is borderline, especially the back one I barely get 1 bar of signal