Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2022, 05:36 AM   #1

BMPro firmware Updates

Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic updates to the BMPro firmware? Twice now I've gone to use the system from the app on my phone (Apple) and have been forced to run the update before I could do anything - there was no option to postpone until later.

So far this hasn't been an issue, but I don't want to get stuck needing to do something quickly (e.g. pull in the awning because the wind suddenly kicked up) and can't because I'm waiting for the update to complete.

Thanks in advance!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #2

I've had the same problem, and haven't found a work-around for it.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

Have you tried this? None of my apps update unless I tell them to in the App Store .....

Go to Settings .... Tap App Store .... Under Automatic Downloads, Turn off App Updates ....

To note ..... if you turn on App Store notifications settings you will get the badge on the app with the number of apps that have updates. Then select them at you leisure .....
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
Have you tried this? None of my apps update unless I tell them to in the App Store .....

Go to Settings .... Tap App Store .... Under Automatic Downloads, Turn off App Updates ....

To note ..... if you turn on App Store notifications settings you will get the badge on the app with the number of apps that have updates. Then select them at you leisure .....
That’s the way my phone is set up. The issue I’m having is with the BMPro firmware, not the app. Thanks though
Old 08-07-2022, 11:37 AM   #5

once you update your phone app or the BmPro app on the Tablet it will push a firmware update to the node. It only takes a couple of mins. There has been one update in 6 months.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
once you update your phone app or the BmPro app on the Tablet it will push a firmware update to the node. It only takes a couple of mins. There has been one update in 6 months.
Thanks! I’ve had two updates in two weeks, but that could be because the rig is new and the updates are “catching up”
Old 08-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #7

The only time the BMPRO tablet, it is Android, should update the firmware is if you manually leave BMPRO and go to the play store. You then type in either BMPRO or Jay command, either one will bring up the APP, and it will then tell you if you have an APP update. Once you tell it to run the update, and once it's finished, within a minute or so it will launch into the firmware update. Otherwise, you wouldn't know if you have an update. The only way I know, typically, is when someone here posts that we have a new update on the wall tablet. Otherwise, all is well. The APP on the phone, however, updates whenever Android decides to, but I think that is a setting on my phone. BTW, I have an Android phone, so not familiar with apple. I have never had the phone APP disrupt anything I might have been doing with the camper.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:10 PM   #8

I updated my Iphone app first and it pushed a firmware update to the node...next day I updated the tablet in the RV and it either pushed another firmware update or the same one again....Maybe that is why it may have seemed annoying to some.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote