Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #21

Pressure Regulater

I like others, keep my regulator connected to my water hose which also has the 90 deg fitting to connect to the "city " connection on the tt. The only time I forgot the reg was 2days before a vacation, 9pm at night, flushing out the tt , and what do you know-- I blew out the toilet flushing valve, didn't need that to happen. I learned my lesson. I might also mention that I do not attach to the spigot is because I have left at least 2 of them behind when leaving the cg--- old people do that!!!!!!!! Larry
Old 11-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I use this Rinaldo adjustable water pressure gauge. Very high quality. Got it on Amazon. Use a screwdriver on the top to adjust up or down.
Just took mine out of the box on the trip this past week. Won't hook up without it from here on. I am one of the lucky ones.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #23

I was not using a regulator a few years ago and the park pressure was 90psi, blew the shower PEX push lock fitting off in the wall while we were on a walk! Came back to a flooded coach, never fail to use one now, lesson learned.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #24

Smile Regulators - Location, Location, Location!

Using a regulator was something a well seasoned RV'r friend told us prior to purchasing our first TT. So I've used one religiously for >7 years now at the end of the hose sandwiched between it and a brass 90 going into the TT. Never a problem.

Then it happened... this season at the Ashland, KY KOA: went out to eat and came back to a site soaked in water all over the ground. My heart sank thinking I must've forgot to valve off the TT before leaving. Thankfully that was not the case and it was nothing inside the TT. The water supply hose had burst outside near the front axle. I always carry a spare hose (they're cheap -in more ways than one) so I swapped it out all while having a "Hello McFly" moment realizing I needed to be putting the regulator right on the CG spigot this whole time! Duh! Lesson learned.
spook is offline   Reply With Quote