Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #1

Cheap fridge fan mod

Not pretty but it works well.

I had a few 12v PC fans laying around (.15mA) so I finally put them together for a fridge fan. Our Norcold got cold, but it took almost a day after starting up and stuff at the bottom would be warmer than I'd like when it was full. Added these 3 fans and it cooled down to 39 in about 8hrs instead of 12+ and items at the bottom stayed a few degrees cooler than previous outings. Circulation is a great thing.

My Norcold has 12v LED light inside that is always on when the fridge is on. Patched into those wires, covered up patches with heat shrink wire wrap. Added quick connectors so I could always pull it out easily if I wanted to. 12v fans attached to small piece of moulding trim with zip ties. Fans wired together and then to the quick connectors. Used zip ties to connect alligator clips on two top corners and clip on to the metal fins to hold it in place.

You can hear a light spinning sound when the fridge is closed and if you happen to put your finger in a fan it may have a little pinch, but it doesn't hurt so we're kid friendly. Alligator clips stayed on through a few hour drive.
Attached Thumbnails
20200617_120620.jpg