Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #1

Correct positioning of an RV water filter

I thought this article was interesting, that is, if you can get past the self-adoration of the author. Also interesting that he says the filter should be positioned so that the water flows from the bottom to the top (of the filter) but in the picture they have it mounted the opposite way
For best results, use water filters the right way - Lets RV

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #2

You're correct in that the author is very proud of himself, but I would also agree that he is correct with his information. KDF and activated carbon is a great combination for water filtration. I've used them in home systems for years. However, I was unaware that the combination is available in RV filters so I will be scouring the web for confirmation and will report back. Another thought to share on the KDF is that is should be kept wet. If left to dry, it will form a solid mass. Some caps or plugs may be in order to keep water in the filter during transport and storage.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

Golly! Carbon / KDF filters are readily available for purchase and use in RV systems. I'm kicking myself for not knowing this. I wouldn't dream of not having a carbon / KDF system in my home but had always figured the RV stuff was just carbon and/or paper element. Add another item to the must have list for my TT, I guess.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote