Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #11

I am having the same issue, is the fuse located within the head of the electric tongue jack or near the battery?

AC_Jayco26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Jayco26 View Post
I am having the same issue, is the fuse located within the head of the electric tongue jack or near the battery?
The fuse on my Bulldog is near the ring terminal at the battery. It's inside a plastic or rubber protective cover. Pop the top off, and it's inside.

JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Welcome to the forum.

Mine is in a group of wires leaving the battery box from the positive terminal, within a couple of inches of the battery box.

Like JFlightRisk said, the fuse is inside a small rectangular holder and has a top that pivots open.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #14

thank you, I will look for it there. Is it a standard 30amp fuse or a slo blo circular fuse?
AC_Jayco26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #15

Quote:
thank you, I will look for it there. Is it a standard 30amp fuse or a slo blo circular fuse?
It is a standard blade type (ATC).
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

Have a new 2016 that I just brought home and the same thing happened to me. Glad I found this thread. I bought this camper in Tampa and the dealer said I needed to take it in to my local dealer here in middle Georgia for service. It was much quicker doing it myself and would not know what to do without finding this.
Junmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #17

Just for additional information, this is how my trailer tongue is wired, YMMV.

When I replaced my jack, I upgraded the wire nut from a standard household variety to a "waterproof" one (something everyone should do), and my new jack came with a manual-reset 30A circuit breaker instead of the standard in-line 30A ATC fuse in "water resistant" boot (also a worthwhile endeavor if you find yourself blowing fuses by running the jack to its limits).

You will notice that in this setup, removing the 30A fuse up front does not isolate your trailer from the battery, as many suggest, to protect you from the parasitic draw that will kill your battery over time (such as when stored). This arrangement also allows the tongue jack to be operated without a battery as long as you have 12V from your tow-vehicle.

I apologize for the crudity of this model; I don't have access to wiring diagram software, and I'm a little rusty on that stuff any way...
Attached Thumbnails
Tongue Jack Wiring.jpg  

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #18

I've also had a couple of glitches with the power jack on my 2015 26RKS. Blew a fuse once as water had gotten into the little fuse holder and shorted things out, I guess. Replaced the fuse and ok but now the jack will cease to operate every once in a while for no apparent reason. Pop the fuse, which will be still good and reinsert and all is ok again. I've cleaned the holder with contact cleaner spray so there is no residual moisture in there so got no clue what's happening.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCguy View Post
I've also had a couple of glitches with the power jack on my 2015 26RKS. Blew a fuse once as water had gotten into the little fuse holder and shorted things out, I guess. Replaced the fuse and ok but now the jack will cease to operate every once in a while for no apparent reason. Pop the fuse, which will be still good and reinsert and all is ok again. I've cleaned the holder with contact cleaner spray so there is no residual moisture in there so got no clue what's happening.
Mine started doing that too. Once it dried out some and I ran it a bit, it got better, but still not great. I actually had to use the manual crank to keep things going at one point. I never did figure out what was happening (assuming it just wasn't in its death throes), and I have NO problems with my new jack.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #20

Post Electric Jack Works On Towing Vehicle Only

There is a 30-amp inline fuse that, when opened or blown, will cause the electric jack to not function on the trailer's DC power system. It will also isolate the towing vehicle's DC power system from the trailer's system, which means that the towing vehicle is not charging the trailer's battery. If you are running appliances while in tow, the RV battery is draining and not charging. Enough words! A picture tells a better story...

Click image for larger version

Name:	JaycoJayFlight2017_TongueWiringDiagram_JPG.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	28671

Click image for larger version

Name:	In-line-fuse.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	28672

billyreb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags