Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #1

Empty fresh water tank but drain valve dripping

I rarely have had reason to use our fresh water tank and by association, the water pump in our Eagle 330RSTS and it hasn't been used at all in well over a year. Since I don't use it, I just usually leave the drain valve open all the time. Given this, I would expect the fresh water tank to be completely empty/dry.

We arrived at our current site a couple days ago and after I got everything hooked up and working, I happened to notice something I had never seen before. There was a steady drip coming from the fresh water tank drain valve that I leave open. It may have been occurring before this but this is the first time we have been on a site with a full cement slab instead of just ground or gravel which may have made the drip go unnoticed before now.

I always use a Watts pressure regulator that is set at 45# but here the gauge is only reading about 38# so excessive pressure isn't the cause. So from what I know about the plumbing in our Eagle, it is either the fill selection valve (city/tank) leaking and allowing water to push it's way past and into the fresh water tank or other posts I have read online mention something about a check valve in the water pump?

Anyway, before I start ripping apart the plumbing and throwing money at pieces/parts I thought I would ask here if anyone had this happen and if so, what they did to resolve it.

TIA for any thoughts or suggestions.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #2

I would guess there is a tiny leak at the water pump check valve.

Put a few gallons in the fresh tank and use the pump to hopefully suck out a tiny piece of trash. If that doesn't fix it you can easily replace it

Or stick a bucket under there and water the flowers?
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I would guess there is a tiny leak at the water pump check valve.

Put a few gallons in the fresh tank and use the pump to hopefully suck out a tiny piece of trash. If that doesn't fix it you can easily replace it

Or stick a bucket under there and water the flowers?
Will give the idea of flushing the pump out a try. Thanks. As for the flowers, here in lower Michigan this year, they SERIOUSLY don't need any watering!