Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Entertainment wiring

I did a few searches but not sure if it was buried or I was searching just right. We just got back from a week long camping trip that was so nice I am sorry to be home. Earlier this season I replaced the main TV in our Seneca 2008 36fs. Now of course looking at that makes me want to replace the rest. As we all know things are not what they were back then and I really need HDMI. Found Cables to go and saw some nice panels to replace the old ones. Problem is I am not really sure how its wired from the front to the back bedroom and by the bunks. I have also put a TV under in the storage area since there was room and hook ups. Would love to run HDMI to all. I just don't want to dig through the RV and break something that works now just to do an upgrade.

Does anyone know how those cables are run or has a wiring diagram? I don't need it for everything just entertainment hookups. I sent an email off to Jayco but thought I would ask everyone here too.

THanks
SeoManager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

It is all ran with rg6 (coax cable).
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #3

Our 08 35 GS has R6 coax and yellow,white,red RCA plugs to the rear TV. The RCA comes from the DVD player. All the cableing runs through the roof.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Our 08 35 GS has R6 coax and yellow,white,red RCA plugs to the rear TV. The RCA comes from the DVD player. All the cableing runs through the roof.
Through the roof? I was afraid of that. I have the same as you with the red, Yellow and white RCA. Was planning on replacing the DVD player and stereo when doing the TV's. Thats why I wanted HDMI to everything. How hard do you think it will be to pull them back through the roof?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #5

Very, since it is all laid in the foam blocking before the luan/vinyl is attached.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

the video quality between rca and hdmi is more marketing and hype than actually noticeable quality IMO
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
the video quality between rca and hdmi is more marketing and hype than actually noticeable quality IMO

I disagree on that. I would have thought that too up until this past week when camping. One TV hooked to HDMI other to RCA same source and the difference was big enough for me to start thinking about going through all this. Enough difference to rip apart the ceiling is a no. Nice thing about HDMI is one cable take signal back and forth.

Replacing the stereo and DVD player becomes a problem since they are all HDMI now and finding one with RCA jacks is getting harder and harder. The DVD/stereo player that came with the rig is giving us problems. Can't complain after 7 years just trying to figure out a good replacement scenario.

I found a nice Denon receiver for around 150.00 that will work with the surround setup. Problem is no RCA outs for sound. Unfortunately that is the new standard. It is the same thing with the TV's now. Have to look hard for something with RCA jacks. Can't just grab whats on sale. Looks like I will need to find an adapters.

If running the HDMI cables was a couple hour job it was a no brainer. Ripping apart the ceiling is another story.

Thanks for saving me a ton of time and research!!!!