Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #1

Filling Fresh Water Tank

We own a 2018 Jayco 43' Northpoint and have a couple questions about the fresh water tank. 1. Is The PowerFILL Tank (City Inlet to Tank) configuration the one we use to fill the fresh water tank? 2. How do you drain the fresh water tank once filled? Do you just have to pump it all out by using the faucets? 3. How to you clean the fresh water tank? Thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco Water Control Panel.jpg  
jlhill1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #2

Yes, power fill is how you fill it. There is a tank drain under the rig. Should have either a white or silver valve.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum for WA, and yes what Grumpy said.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Yes, power fill is how you fill it. There is a tank drain under the rig. Should have either a white or silver valve.
And it drains SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Or at least mine does.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
And it drains SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Or at least mine does.
My 2020 Talon has a large 2 inch drain valve and it drains super Fast.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:08 AM   #6

I'm sure you have most of this figured out by now, but, yes, the power fill is how you fill the tank from a hose. To drain the tank there is a white drain valve on the back side of the strap on the right side of the trailer. And like posted, it is sloooooowwww. Lol! I even swapped out my drain valve and it didnt help. To clean the tanks, and lines, you use 1/4 cup of sanitizing bleach per 10gal of water of your tank. There are 2 kinds of bleach out there so make sure it says it's the sanitizing kind. The splashless kind is NOT sanitizing bleach. If your tank is a 70gal tank youd need 1.75 cups of bleach. Pour that into a gallon jug, add some water and connect a small section of hose to your white inlet valve and put the other end into the jug. Turn your valves to the configuration of "Sanitize" and turn on the pump. This will suck the bleach water into the tank. If you have a whole house water filter, you'll need to remove the filter cartridge first. It is located behind the valves and accessed by removing the access panel . The water pump is located here also. I hinged my panes for easier access. Once you have your bleach water sucked into the tank you can connect you hose and turn your valves to power fill and fill the tank the rest of the way. You'll know when it's full when water comes out the overflow tube located on the right side of the trailer by your drain valve. Sanitize mode is also used to fill your tank if you have run out and need to fill from buckets or another external water tank or bladder.