Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #1

Fridge Fan Thermostat Switch Temp

I have a Dometic RM2351 fridge in our camper. In the process of removing the fan at the back of the fridge, I managed to break off one of the spade connectors on the thermal switch that cuts on the fan. I figured it would be easy to just order a new one but I can not find the proper temp for the switch. I can order them from everywhere but I have found nothing that list the temp of the one I broke the tab off of. Even in the parts book for my fridge, it does not list the temp for the switch.

I did find one recommendation to get one for about 120f but I still can not confirm that.

Anybody know the temp I need to get?

Thanks!
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger4343 View Post
I have a Dometic RM2351 fridge in our camper. In the process of removing the fan at the back of the fridge, I managed to break off one of the spade connectors on the thermal switch that cuts on the fan. I figured it would be easy to just order a new one but I can not find the proper temp for the switch. I can order them from everywhere but I have found nothing that list the temp of the one I broke the tab off of. Even in the parts book for my fridge, it does not list the temp for the switch.

I did find one recommendation to get one for about 120f but I still can not confirm that.

Anybody know the temp I need to get?

Thanks!
The service manual for my Norcold (a double door model) says this:

Thermostatic switch
The thermostatic switch is illustrated in Figure 6-6, Incoming +12 volt DC is fed through upper terminal. The switch turns the fans on and
off. The fans come on when first condenser
fin temperature is approximately 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54.4 degrees Celsius) and turn off at approximately 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 degrees Celsius).

I found a direct replacement on Amazon. Mine was still good but decided to replace it when I was replacing the fans.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
The service manual for my Norcold (a double door model) says this:

Thermostatic switch
The thermostatic switch is illustrated in Figure 6-6, Incoming +12 volt DC is fed through upper terminal. The switch turns the fans on and
off. The fans come on when first condenser
fin temperature is approximately 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54.4 degrees Celsius) and turn off at approximately 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 degrees Celsius).

I found a direct replacement on Amazon. Mine was still good but decided to replace it when I was replacing the fans.
Thanks for the info. I did finally find a recommended temp of around 50c-55c so between that and what you found, I ordered a 50c temp switch for the fans.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #4

Mine I wired in comes on at 135 degrees. I also ran a parallel switch that I can turn my muffin fan on at when I want. Surprised to see your unit missing the aluminum heat shield and the condensate hose running out bottom vent. Our unit had the aluminum heat shield in place and condensate hose running through the floor. We have a 2016 174BH
Fire&Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire&Ice View Post
Mine I wired in comes on at 135 degrees. I also ran a parallel switch that I can turn my muffin fan on at when I want. Surprised to see your unit missing the aluminum heat shield and the condensate hose running out bottom vent. Our unit had the aluminum heat shield in place and condensate hose running through the floor. We have a 2016 174BH
Probably just depends on who was on the line that day. It does seem to be working better now but only a trip on a really hot day will tell me for sure