Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Furrion dv3200

We just purchased our new Jayco jay flight 27bhs yesterday, we love it!! However small issue, has anyone else had problems with the DVD player it's the furrion DV3200. It won't insert DVDs all the way then it just spits it back out?
Jaycostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #2

23RLSW 4months old. Everything OK with ours so far. I installed a HDMI cable between the 3200 and the Samsung TV I put in.

1080 P quality picture from the DVD player. I also connected a cable with a 3.5mm audio plug on 1 end into the TV and with a R/W RCA plug on the other end into the audio in plugs on the back of the 3200.

Switch the input on the 3200 to AUX and you can play the TV sound thru the ceiling speakers.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
RAZ

We are having trouble with our DV3200 as well. I have no radio signal now. It just quit working one day. I checked the antenna connection at the back of the unit and it is firmly in place. Perhaps the antenna wire is disconnected from the external antenna. That is a bit more challenging to troubleshoot. I plan to hook up a separate antenna to test before disassembling the antenna on the roof.

Also, occasionally the unit will just freeze up. Only after hitting the reset button once or twice will it begin to cooperate again - without the radio, though.

I put a call in to Furrion today. We'll see how quickly they respond with a solution. I will update when I get a response from Furrion.
RAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #4

Hey, while we're talking about the DV3200, has anyone tried to play an MP4 video from a thumb drive plugged into the USB? The information I'm reading says it should play them but I'm getting an INVALID FORMAT error. I created these MP4's myself so I don't know if it's something that I did wrong or if it doesn't really support MP4 format. I can get it to play .AVI files fine.

Read About My Camping World Nightmare
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #5
RAZ

I haven't tried MP4 files yet. Contact them for technical support as they are very responsive.

I called and submitted a support request online yesterday evening and I received a call this morning. Furrion is sending me a replacement unit. Great customer service!!
Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #6

I had the same problem with my Furrion DV3200. I contacted Furrion, they quickly sent me a replacement. When I removed the "bad" unit (4 simple screws behind bottom snap-off panel cover) I discovered that there was a red strip of plastic on top of the unit that was held on by 2 simple screws. On the strip was printed "remove before installation". Removed the strip and tada! It works. Sent the "good" unit back with a follow-up email.
colodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #7

Remove the unit (4 screws behind snap-off front panel) and then remove the red strip attached to the top of the unit (2 screws) . Strip says "remove before installation". Guess many of these were missed on installation.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #8

OMG! So much for Quality Control.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #9
RAZ

I had the unit out but I didn't notice a red strip. I'll have to check it out when the new unit arrives. Did you have radio at some point and then it quit? That's how mine went.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
Hey, while we're talking about the DV3200, has anyone tried to play an MP4 video from a thumb drive plugged into the USB? The information I'm reading says it should play them but I'm getting an INVALID FORMAT error. I created these MP4's myself so I don't know if it's something that I did wrong or if it doesn't really support MP4 format. I can get it to play .AVI files fine.
FWIW: Must be something about the file types. I realized the ones that weren't working were not created by me. The ones that I ripped myself from my DVD's work fine.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #11

The radio seems to work just fine. My only issue was DVDs would not load - just popped back out. This was fixed with removing the red strip. Sounds like you might have a truly defective unit.

I have not fully checked out the unit - maybe this weekend. I have the luxury of parking my TT on my extra wide driveway and connecting to a 30A line in the garage.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #12
RAZ

DV3200 Replaced

As a follow up to my previous posts, Furrion delivered a new unit and I installed it yesterday. Everything works now and we can get back to camping!!

By the way, the red strip was removed on my old unit. the screws are probably only there to hold the laser head in place during shipping. It might explain why the unit might not take a DVD in all the way.

Hope everyone else has luck with getting fixed up. Furrion's customer service was great for me.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycostar View Post
We just purchased our new Jayco jay flight 27bhs yesterday, we love it!! However small issue, has anyone else had problems with the DVD player it's the furrion DV3200. It won't insert DVDs all the way then it just spits it back out?
Yup... Mine spits the disc right out. Now when I select 'disc' , the display says loading even though there is no disc in there. The DVD system worked one time, then hasn't worked since. I pushed the reset pin to no avail. Dealer has ordered a replacement.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:15 AM   #14

I just bought a 27RLS and it has the DV3200. I have been trying to get MP3 files to work with it. I have succeeded and thought I'd post what I did.

1. I'm using usb sticks of various size (8,16,32 gig)
2. Formatted as Fat32
3. Only 1 directory deep from the root directory.
4. Only 128 directories are allowed. If there are more they won't be seen.

if there are deeper levels of directories, the unit counts the number of files as normal, but when it tries to list the directory name and file information on the TV screen, it faults out and returns to the DVD not in slot screen.

Kipp
kyeakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #15

I have the same issue. Anything?
sfalciani is offline   Reply With Quote