Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #1

Furrion DV3200.....JUNK!

Camping in Fort Wilderness right now. Really enjoying our new Jay Feather 25BH....except for this POS stereo unit. I'm pretty big into A/V so I know how to work stuff....but this one just doesn't work....or wants to work whenever it wants.

Main issue, the Blue Tooth will NOT stay connected. It drops every 30 minutes or so then when we try to reconnect it doesn't even show up on the device. I have to push the little reset button on the stereo every time. Once I push the reset the radio shows up on the device (iPhone6) and works.

But having to push the reset 20 times a day is outragous! Of course then I lose the
time and I have to adjust the bass and treble every time. So irritated at this radio right now.

The unit will be replaced with something that WORKS!

Anyone replace their junk pile DV3200 and if so what unit did you go with?
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

Have you tried contacting Furion to see if there is a firmware update available? They don't seem to have any downloadable updates on their support page.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:53 AM   #3

The title of this thread says it all.

Jensen is no better.

Too bad well known brands (LG, Samsung) don't have readily available RV units. They would not only be better, but less expensive than the above mentioned junk. Just check the price of a "stupid" Jensen TV at CW and then check the price of a same sized "smart" Samsung at Best Buy.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #4

I feel your pain. I have one in my 23RLSW and find it annoying, over complicated and not user friendly. The remote is so small with hard to read buttons.

The one feature I do like is the DVD HDMI output from the unit that I connected to my Samsung 1080 TV.

If I could find a car stereo that plays DVD's and a HDMI output I sure would consider one. I haven't really researched it yet but will do in the future.

Heading on a 5 week journey next week so any mods will have to wait.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #5

Agreed. I've found the Furrion to be terrible and not user friendly whatsoever. At first I thought maybe I was doing something wrong but after seeing so many posts about them, I know it's not just me. I'll be curious to see if anyone has suggestions for a better replacement.
Ally39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #6

I've yet to see any RV specific entertainment systems be anything more than low end. While I won't actively replace the Jensen in mine, as soon as it breaks, I'll put in a decent quality automotive head unit.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #7

I would agree that a higher end automotive head unit would be the way to go. Find one from a quality brand with the features you want.
whatimmadoboutmylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #8

I think I have found a good solution to my problem. Some friends came to Fort Wilderness with us and brought this bluetooth speaker unit. This solved my frustration instantly.

The sound quality is amazing, deep bass and full range..unlike the crappy speakers on the wall of the trailer. Also is a better solution when you hang out behind the trailer. Our campsite had the picnic table behind the trailer so we couldn't hear the trailer mounted speakers anyway.

4 hour battery life or just plug it in. If you like FM radio then no problem. There are FM radio apps so you can listen to any radio station on your phone...then just send that to the speaker unit.

https://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon...tooth+speakers
Old 08-02-2016, 11:46 AM   #9

I have that same speaker. While it does have awesome sound, the batteries in it are junk. Do a search on that speaker and you will find how widespread the problems are with its internal batteries.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
I have that same speaker. While it does have awesome sound, the batteries in it are junk. Do a search on that speaker and you will find how widespread the problems are with its internal batteries.
It worked good for us. While at the campsite we had it plugged in. Then we unplugged it and took it on the golf cart rides and to the pool. It went hours without being plugged in and we had no problem.

Their "5 hour battery" will depend I'm sure on how you are using it. The more volume and bass you use the more battery power it uses.

Super low volume probably gets you 5 hours, rocking out probably gets you an hour or two.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #11

Junk

If there are so many junk systems out there, one wonders why someone doesn't see that as a business opportunity?

I wonder how many of these systems get sold each year?