Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
Hi Fellow Jayco Owners
If your Furrion receiver isn't broken and you want an upgrade and a few fixes for the Furrion DVR1200 read on.

I have a 2016 Northpoint 341RLTS and agree the base sound system is not for an audiofile but it can upgraded with a couple of additions. 1) The DV1200 has a "Sub Out" RCA jack on the back of the unit and if you are like me you likely will have 120V to your RV whenever you are dry camping or in a park. Buy a home subwoofer such as a Klipsch, Polk or JBL with around 200 watts and plug it into 120V and plug the other end of the RCA cable to the LFE on the sub.
The DV1200 also has a built in 50 watt sub amp. You can use the green/green-black wires that are there to power a passive sub. We did this so we will have the sub when we are dry camped and don't want to run the inverter for 120 volt. I put an 8" passive sub in the space behind the TV. Works well and really fills in the lows.

The DV1200 also has EQ, Loudness and Bass/Treble adjustments that really make a huge difference in sound. Only downside is the settings are lost if the battery disconnect is used during storage.

With a little tweaking, the DV1200 can sound pretty good. Not as good as my 7.2 home system, but now I don't want to spend the $$$ to replace it.

I think lots of folks just use the system with no tweaking/manual reading. If you do that, then it really does suck.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blane View Post
Sure thing I purchased a pair of JBL GT7-6 61/2", the grille's are black but that is no problem for myself I just may paint them white when I go to install them, the screw holes don't match the old pattern but the speakers fit very well in the ceiling cut out no problem and the grille's look like they will just cover the old holes as well, hope this helps.
Hello Blane, did you already install the JBLs? Eager to hear how well they fit and your impression of the sound quality. The speakers that came in our '17 28.5BHXB leave a LOT to be desired....
Rwhite692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #43
Lost in the Woods

Funny how this thread pops up. We just got our TT on Saturday and christened it shortly after. Fusion 3200 installed. Sounds like a transistor radio in a Coke can. I wouldn't put it in a Hyundai. I have to say charging $750 for this tv is insane. I will be removing it and installing it in my shed for the spiders and moths to enjoy. What a waste of money. My fault for not being a smarter shopper for my first "new" camper. A Samsung 40" smart tv goes for under $300 at Costco. SMH
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwhite692 View Post
Hello Blane, did you already install the JBLs? Eager to hear how well they fit and your impression of the sound quality. The speakers that came in our '17 28.5BHXB leave a LOT to be desired....
I have not had time to install them yet but have had them hooked up to the stereo and they make a huge difference in sound quality, the 7 dollar speakers that come in the trailer just don't do the stereo any justice, I have already painted the grills white but it looks like I will have to cut a wooden ring and paint white as well to attach to the ceiling then connect the speakers to it, the screw holes for the JBL speakers would be to close to the edge of the original cut out and the magnets have some weight to them so better safe than sorry, just have to find the time to get it done, I will be replacing the outside speakers as well with better speakers also as they are as bad for quality as the inside ones. As I originally posted the speakers that came with the trailer blew and where replaced under warranty got it back home and they blew again and I had told them before they replaced them the first time it was not the speakers but the Furrion stereo that was the problem so they had to replace the stereo and put another set of new speakers back in so everything is good now except getting those crappy sounding speakers out of there, another strange thing I have is if the Furrion TV is on and it is on an HD channel over the antenna and I turn any of the LED ceiling lights on I lose reception to the TV and as soon as I turn the lights off reception returns, does any one else have this problem as it seems very weird.
blane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #45

I agree in that the DV3200 stinks! When listening to music outside, we generally use the Bose soundlink speaker.
The Furrion 39" TV isn't bad though. I think the picture is decent. I wall mounted a 24" samsung in the bedroom.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
The DV1200 also has a built in 50 watt sub amp. You can use the green/green-black wires that are there to power a passive sub. We did this so we will have the sub when we are dry camped and don't want to run the inverter for 120 volt. I put an 8" passive sub in the space behind the TV. Works well and really fills in the lows.

The DV1200 also has EQ, Loudness and Bass/Treble adjustments that really make a huge difference in sound. Only downside is the settings are lost if the battery disconnect is used during storage.

With a little tweaking, the DV1200 can sound pretty good. Not as good as my 7.2 home system, but now I don't want to spend the $$$ to replace it.

I think lots of folks just use the system with no tweaking/manual reading. If you do that, then it really does suck.

Thanks for the tip, I found a Furrion passive 8" sub (model FSUB8), on Ebay new in the box and was able to score it for $25. I think I am going to just stick it in the cabinet below the TV (we don't have the fireplace option on our unit). It should arrive in a week or so, I'll update once I have it installed. I figured that for $25, I'd give it a shot, lol.

Did you have any challenges with getting the DV1200's bezel off, and getting the unit out of the cabinet, to access the wires for the sub?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #47

Quote:
Did you have any challenges with getting the DV1200's bezel off, and getting the unit out of the cabinet, to access the wires for the sub?
No problems with the bezel. I slipped the blade of my pocket knife under one side and it popped right off. Then 4 screws to remove. The wires for the sub are labeled in the wire loom. Green/Green&Black if I remember right. I did have to add a little wire to get the sub where I wanted it.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:01 AM   #48

I took down one of the 6" ceiling speakers from my '17 Eagle HT 28.5BHXB to have a look.

Aside from the fact that these speakers are inexpensive, low-quality units (paper driver/whizzer cone), I can see another clear reason why Jayco chose them.

That reason is, they are extremely light weight.

The speakers screw into the interior-facing hardboard ceiling panel which is approx 1/8" thick pressboard/masonite - very thin stuff.

If we put in a "quality" 6" speaker (which will undoubtedly be 3-4 times heavier than these units) I would definitely expect the thin ceiling panel to "sag" over time.

More homework needed....
Old 10-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Hi folks,
I'm curious as to the satisfaction level of the Furrion DV1200 A/V system and TV's that comes with the 2016 JayFlight TT's.

I'd like to hear feedback as far as regular DVD playback quality (I realize it's not blu ray) is concerned. I'd also be interested in hearing folks opinions on the Furrion interior/exterior speakers that are installed in the Jayco's.

I've read a few negatives regarding the 'over the air' channel search feature of the Furrion tv's. I'm not to concerned with OTA as I plan on using satellite, cable or a streaming device for programming.
What about the picture quality on the TV via satellite, cable or the included Furrion DVD player? Do folks find it satisfactory?

I was also interested in hearing thought regarding the Furrion "smartlink" feature that allows interoperability between the audio system and the tv?
We have 2016 Eagle RSTS every time you turn on the TV you see Furrion annoying. TV uses 75 watts of power we do solar that's a lot.We to couldn't believe the player doesn't play blue ray.The remote with its 30 + buttons is junk.And why the entertainment center works off the batteries and the TV does not.Anybody got an easy fix?Have not tried the satellite hook up outside yet.We mostly dry camp!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
.... TV uses 75 watts of power we do solar that's a lot....
That amount of power consumption (75W) is actually quite low, compared to typical units.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #51

Quote:
That amount of power consumption (75W) is actually quite low, compared to typical units.
Thanks your right with solar I never would have imagined counting every KW.But we do its gotten to be quite a fun hobbie!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #52

Quote:
And why the entertainment center works off the batteries and the TV does not.Anybody got an easy fix?Have not tried the satellite hook up outside yet.We mostly dry camp!
Hook up an inverter and run the TV off it when needed?

I think (could be wrong, just my opinion) that most RV's are using 120 volt televisions because they use a decent amount of power and your typical person will kill their batteries in fairly short order.

Only other option really is to get a 12 volt television. I haven't been impressed at all with the reviews most of them get.. but there has to be a decent one out there somewhere if you wanted to just replace the television completely. Either case, you'll have to keep a closer eye on your batteries if you are pulling an additional 75+ watts + inverter losses out of your current setup.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #53

Quote:
We have 2016 Eagle RSTS every time you turn on the TV you see Furrion annoying.
That's pretty common with a lot of TV's these days.. I have a 32" Sony LCD that displays the Sony logo when powered on.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #54

They are not top of the line, but on our tv's the do have e a good picture. And if at some time you decide to you can always buy something you like better.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:58 AM   #55

Can't find it again but saw where someone mentioned that the TV turns on when a cd is inserted and the music plays through the tv vs the ABC speakers. How did you remedy this? My new377RLBH is doing the same thing ��
michelleinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:37 AM   #56

For the couple of times we have used the DV1200 unit to play music, it's ok for now but as for movies, I have little to no plans on using it. I already have a small form factor Sony Bluray setup behind the TV that I will use for movies.

As for the 48" Furrion TV in the living area, it has such a bad case of red crush, it is almost unwatchable. Most have the "sunburn" look or wearing a horrible shade of lipstick! Adjustment menus in these TV's are severely lacking as well. So I contacted Furrion directly who authorized a replacement but told us to go thru Jayco who of course, wants me to work with a dealer. With the trailer being 1500 miles from our purchasing dealership until mid April, it is becoming a problem trying to find a local dealership to order it so I can simply swap it out. The dealerships down here want me to bring the trailer in but we are not breaking camp from our seasonal site in Florida just for that. When I tell them that Jayco has no problem with me just bringing in the TV to swap it out, they want no part of it. Guess they won't get their 2 hours of labor?

A second call to Jayco may be in order.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Crush1.jpg   Red Crush2.jpg   Red Crush3.jpg  
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #57

There is no option in the stereo unit to turn that function off the only way to do it would be to disconnect the HDMI cable coming from the stereo to the TV and just use a stand alone DVD player to watch your movies, it's a nice feature if it could only tell between CD or DVD format but I guess that's is to much to ask.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #58

I once had Bluetooth but now is gone.
I have the DV1200 and the Bluetooth connection worked fine when i original set it up. I just used it to play music from my Spotify play list from my Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge smartphone. I deleted the Bluetooth connection from my phone for the DV1200 because my phone would ring through the DV1200 and stop my music. Now i would like to reconnect DV1200 via Bluetooth though my phone but when i scan for devices with my phone the DV1200 never shows up. Anybody else has or have had this issue with their DV1200?
I have a Jayco 2016 27.5 RLTS fifth wheel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #59

STEREO FUNCTIONS LOCK UP or BLUE TOOTH FUNCTION IS NOT RESPONDING TO DEVICE * Use a metal pin to press the software reset button in the recess hole on the front of the stereo. You may need to press the Bluetooth button on the front of the stereo afterwards and try to pair your device again and use the password 0000 to pair, hopefully this helps you out.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #60

new models

I heard from a sales person that they actually changed the model tv and stereo they are now putting in the trailer. It is still furrion but allegedy a newer model. I ordered a Jay Flight 38 FDDS which is coming off line March 8th. I was just provided today with my Vin #. Anybody familiar with the new model TV or home entertainment system they are using?
bulldog182 is offline   Reply With Quote