Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 169
Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit

Looking at purchasing a Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit and was looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased and are using this unit. How do you like it? Pros and cons, etc.

I know it's kind of pricey, but it seems to come with a variety of cable hookup options which should make it easier for me to use. Please let me know what you think about THIS particular unit.

I know that Renogy has a similar 100w portable kit, but I think I'm leaning toward Go Power so would really like feedback on their package.

Thanks.
__________________

Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 265
I have a GoPower 120 suitcase model and have used it for three years with no problems. I really like the case it comes in for traveling. That being said the Renogy is much cheaper and works well. Buy what makes you happy.
__________________

__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
I have a GoPower 120 suitcase model and have used it for three years with no problems. I really like the case it comes in for traveling. That being said the Renogy is much cheaper and works well. Buy what makes you happy.
Thanks for your response. You mentioned the Renogy as well as the GoPower. Do you have both? If so, why did you purchase the GoPower?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
BCx213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Langley
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Looking at purchasing a Go Power 120w Portable Solar Panel Kit and was looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased and are using this unit. How do you like it? Pros and cons, etc.

I know it's kind of pricey, but it seems to come with a variety of cable hookup options which should make it easier for me to use. Please let me know what you think about THIS particular unit.

I know that Renogy has a similar 100w portable kit, but I think I'm leaning toward Go Power so would really like feedback on their package.

Thanks.
I have one, puts out about 6.7 amps under full sun. Mine has the digital controller and I like the sturdy case that it comes in. I ended up buying the extension cable to be able to keep it in the sun
__________________
2012 Jayco Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
I have one, puts out about 6.7 amps under full sun. Mine has the digital controller and I like the sturdy case that it comes in. I ended up buying the extension cable to be able to keep it in the sun
Thanks for the response. How long have you had it? Any thing you donít like about it?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 265
Plain and simple, I saw a big ad for GoPower and wasn't aware of Renogy at the time. Since then I bought the Renogy panels and mounted them on the roof. I am very pleased with them as they work constantly when the sun is shining. I am usually fully charged by the time I get to my next stop. When I set up camp if it is in a shady spot I hook up the GoPower and set it out in the sun and they all work good together.
__________________

__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.