Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Gray tank

Hello
I have a situation that i need help with. My name is Mike and this is my first posting asking for help. I have a 2017 34rsbs and i'm a seasonal camper up by Traverse city Mi. My camper was delivered and won't be moved till it's time for inside storage down the road in a couple of weeks.
My gray tank monitor will only go down to 2/3 full when I empty it. Then it shows full before it is. I can live with this but I don't like it.
My real question is when the tank must be full I hear a dripping up in the ceiling/wall to the left of the sink in the bathroom when using the bathroom sink. Actually, it doesn't matter what sink you are using. There is still a dripping sound. I've looked on the roof and see nothing. So it must be in wall/ceiling. I've experienced the backup in the shower and run out to open valve. but last night I was brushing my teeth and while running the water heard the drip up above me to the left. I looked into the shower and it was dry. Run out open valve and no more drip.
Any idea of what and/or why this is happening. thanks, Mike
mikeandpennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #2

You gots yourself a weird one!

Any dripping sounds originating at eye-level and above are normally not waste water related.

There are usually no pressurized water lines above eye-level either.

The only plumbing above eye-level are the vents for the waste tanks. Normally they exit through the roof and produce near zero noise up there.

I often hear a dripping noise when on the toilet: Liquid refrigerant moving inside the fridge. We camp where it is REALLY quiet!

Now, it is possible that there is a waste tank vent (admittance valve) inside a wall somewhere. This could be the source of a wastewater drip, but the shower pan would flood first.

Try thoroughly flushing the grey tank and get the sensors sorted out (warrantee repair?). The level gauges are never accurate, but still they should have clue!

Also try and keep a rough idea of how much waste water you've generated.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response.
will follow up with dealer. It's just that it is so odd.... thanks again, Mike
Old 10-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #4

Double- and triple- check where you hear the dripping.

It is best when dealing with service folk (I used to be one) that you can point precisely to where the noise is coming from.

Good luck with getting it straightened out.

Happy Camping!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #5

Your trailer has 2 gray water waste tanks, so depending on which one is full you might not see water coming up through the shower drain when one is overfilled. Are you emptying both gray tanks when you dump?

http://www.jayco.com/products/travel...flight/34rsbs/
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #6

Hello and thanks
The second gray tank never gets anything because it is for the optional washer that I don't have. So, i've never opened the 2nd gray tank valve after the first time of trying it out. Maybe will join together later.

I think I will just be sure to dump everyday and wait till I come back next year to deal with it.
I have to have mobile service so will wait and see what else needs service after winter.
I will post after problem solved.
thanks again, Mike