Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Half of the Remote not working

Our 2011 Jayco Pinnacle has a 10 Function Remote, it is one of early styles that is a skinny black unit that is not Jayco labeled like some of the newer ones.

It is made by ALTA is a Model AS-800J8 and has two control boxes mounted in the front storage area and two control boards in the remote.
The top half of the remote (4 Buttons) is not functioning at all, the green light on the remote comes on when a button is pressed.
The bottom half of the remote (4 Buttons) work fine.

All functions work normally by pressing the wall buttons, but no response from the remote when pressed.
I changed both of the 12 Volt Batteries, the green light still comes on when the buttons are pressed but the top buttons do not respond.

It has worked fine for about a year.
Any other ideas for troubleshooting this system.

I saw in the ALTA Manual is says "Learning Remote", do these remotes forget?
__________________

__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
False ALARM, my bad.

I read the instructions more and found something I did not know.

I know the 4 buttons work as labeled and (ODS Slide, Rear Jack, DS Slide, etc) and hold the 3 & 4 Button at the same time for the Outside Light but I did not know if you hold the 1 & 2 Button at the same time, you will disable / lockout the remote.

Guess I must have accidently hit the 1 & 2 Button at some point and disabled the top half.

I held the 1 & 2 Button on the Top Half of the Remote and now the both halves of the Remote work Normally.
__________________

__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Threebutchers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 6,818
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by threebutchers View Post
[attach=config]10322[/attach]
lmao
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
Member
 
Str8shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Valley of California
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
False ALARM, my bad.

I read the instructions more and found something I did not know.

I know the 4 buttons work as labeled and (ODS Slide, Rear Jack, DS Slide, etc) and hold the 3 & 4 Button at the same time for the Outside Light but I did not know if you hold the 1 & 2 Button at the same time, you will disable / lockout the remote.

Guess I must have accidently hit the 1 & 2 Button at some point and disabled the top half.

I held the 1 & 2 Button on the Top Half of the Remote and now the both halves of the Remote work Normally.
Hi Rob,

I'm glade I found your post about the remote. I believe I have the same one (picture) but have no written information on it. I've learned pushing a button then stopping and pushing again reverses the first action. Until reading your post I was unaware pressing two buttons together would cause another action - turning on out side lights. Also, I still haven't figured out the meaning of ODS and DS, etc. but can operate the slides and other functions just fine. Thanks for any advice on the remote.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 20.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	9048
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Yep, same remote I have.
It has two 12 Volt Batteries in it, one for the top 4 buttons and one for the bottom 4 buttons.

DS = Door Side (Entry Door)
ODS = Off or Opposite Door Side (Entry Door)

I also did not know there is a On/Off switch on the side of the control box that can be used to disable the remotes but allow the manual switches to continue to work.
I always wondered if the remote could activate something while traveling down the road, good to know how to deactivate the remote functions when traveling.

http://www.altaresourcesllc.com/reso.../AS-8001J8.pdf

http://www.altaresourcesllc.com/resources/PDF/FAQ.pdf
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Member
 
Str8shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Valley of California
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Yep, same remote I have.
It has two 12 Volt Batteries in it, one for the top 4 buttons and one for the bottom 4 buttons.

DS = Door Side (Entry Door)
ODS = Off or Opposite Door Side (Entry Door)

I also did not know there is a On/Off switch on the side of the control box that can be used to disable the remotes but allow the manual switches to continue to work.
I always wondered if the remote could activate something while traveling down the road, good to know how to deactivate the remote functions when traveling.

http://www.altaresourcesllc.com/reso.../AS-8001J8.pdf

http://www.altaresourcesllc.com/resources/PDF/FAQ.pdf

Thanks for the additional information!

Wow, two 12v batteries in the remote - that's some kind of power.
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Threebutchers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post
Thanks for the additional information!

Wow, two 12v batteries in the remote - that's some kind of power.
Yes it is....so please....test only one battery at a time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gordon_9V_battery.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	9058
__________________

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.