Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Haunted radio

We have a Jay Flight 24FBS and the radio has started turning itself on by it's self. Wondered if any one else has run into this. I'm thinking it may be time to replace the radio. If that becomes the case can you get a unit that fits with out modification.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

Lol, someone else post the same thing about a week ago. Our 2012, did that our first year, typically at night. Don't recall what we did to fix it, but we did not replace the radio. I think, I took the batteries out of the remote, as we never us it.

Ours has an alarm clock feature, make sure it is turned off.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
Site Team

This question seems to come up every year about this time. Most of the time it is the ALARM. I'm beginning to this think that the tech's at the dealers set the alarm as a harmless joke lol.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #4

Have the same problem with my radio. I think it's related to the coach 12VDC. Turn off the battery disconnect and the same thing will happen as it switches to chassis battery. I'm thinking it's related to the converter changing modes and causing a spike in the voltage. I always leave my radio in blue tooth mode so it won't blast out when it comes on.

My previous MH had a TV that would come on all by itself. The TV manufacturer sent me a card to flash the TV with.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Have the same problem with my radio. I think it's related to the coach 12VDC. Turn off the battery disconnect and the same thing will happen as it switches to chassis battery. I'm thinking it's related to the converter changing modes and causing a spike in the voltage. I always leave my radio in blue tooth mode so it won't blast out when it comes on.

My previous MH had a TV that would come on all by itself. The TV manufacturer sent me a card to flash the TV with.
You may have something about the converter. Our radio would turn on at random times but now that you raise the point it may have always been on shore power tho I can’t say I know that for 100%. But a replacement radio from Jayco solved the problem. It was the same model but may have been different rev #.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #6

It was the alarm clock, must have gotten bumped.