Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #1

Help. Coach and cab separating?

I have a 2009 Seneca and have noticed a gap of about 1/4 inch where the coach meets the cab. It’s worse on the passenger side. The sealant has separated there as well. I am attaching a couple of photos. I’m concerned about it but have no earthly idea what’s caused it nor do I have any idea if this is a major disaster or not. Also, on my last trip I noticed a random knocking noise coming from that same area while I was driving. Has anyone seen this and if so what am I dealing with?
Attached Thumbnails
70257006-35F4-461C-94E0-FE7D5252D3E5.jpeg   5C309C24-93FB-404A-8730-D461FB6FCCC2.jpeg  
Coach62812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #2

We are having the exact same issue with our 2018. They have tried to repair it twice. Now all for corners of the coach are loosening which is resulting in the whole thing tweaking and the main slide is now clicking and leaving grease on the carpet. I was wondering if there was anyone else with this issue. Could this be a chronic problem with these models?
I’m afraid it will never be right.
Trying to upload video of load knocking and show separation as we go down the road.
Tammy Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #3

I would never expect that from a 2018 model...wow. Yes I do have some creeks and squeaks going on too. Functionally it still is a great unit and we camp in it all the time....but I know there is an issue in that area-I just don’t know how big of an issue it ultimately is. I’m way out of warranty since it’s 10 years old...so I’m not overly anxious to spend huge amounts of cash on a repair that may or may not work.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:24 AM   #4

Ours is in the shop now...our warranty ends this month. I’m hoping they don’t put a quick fix on it. I am concerned that it will never be right again. We love it but will seriously consider getting rid of it due to concerns of major repairs down the road. Also dealing with camping world is the WORST!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach62812 View Post
..but I know there is an issue in that area-I just don’t know how big of an issue it ultimately is. I’m way out of warranty since it’s 10 years old...so I’m not overly anxious to spend huge amounts of cash on a repair that may or may not work.
I had an 08 and am still on another forum that has multiple KODIAK owners and you are the first who I have ever heard with that issue.

go here and post your question.

https://www.supercrvgroup.com
Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stewart View Post
Ours is in the shop now...our warranty ends this month. I’m hoping they don’t put a quick fix on it. I am concerned that it will never be right again. We love it but will seriously consider getting rid of it due to concerns of major repairs down the road. Also dealing with camping world is the WORST!
Give Marcus a call.
Attached Thumbnails
2019-10-21_10.57.31.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Give Marcus a call.
Wrong thread. That should be in Joke of the day
Old 10-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #8

I get it. I will try to post what they come up with as a solution when I get mine back....which maybe months��
Old 10-24-2019, 11:58 PM   #9

Yes please if you find out anything please post. I’ve got an RV body shop type place near me I’m gonna show pics to and see if they have any experience with this. I saw a thread somewhere through google where a guy had the same issue and fixed it on his own but looked like he did a little more surgery than my limited abilities would allow.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach62812 View Post
I have a 2009 Seneca and have noticed a gap of about 1/4 inch where the coach meets the cab. It’s worse on the passenger side. The sealant has separated there as well. I am attaching a couple of photos. I’m concerned about it but have no earthly idea what’s caused it nor do I have any idea if this is a major disaster or not. Also, on my last trip I noticed a random knocking noise coming from that same area while I was driving. Has anyone seen this and if so what am I dealing with?
Hi I just purchased a 2010 jayco 35g with similar problems on drivers side what did you find out was the problem ? Mine has a snapping cracking noise above my head in the cab roof when driving it.
Thank you,
Scott
Sandchic67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:12 PM   #11

Sandchic, the original poster hasn't been back to the forum for over two years.

Maybe start a new thread and active members may be able to help.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 05:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
Sandchic, the original poster hasn't been back to the forum for over two years.

Maybe start a new thread and active members may be able to help.

Murff
Hi
This has been happening to ours since we got it. (2018) Annoying banging above passenger seat. We had it back to “camping world🤬” several times. But nothing was ever solved…surprise. I also have a video of the cab and chassis separating while going down the road. The caulking is no longer holding. Sadly, we have just learned to live with it.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:57 AM   #13

Yes. Comment below
Old 09-11-2023, 07:41 AM   #14

Update

Its been quite a long time since I posted on my problem with separation but I ended up taking it to a local guy here in southern illinois and he was able to tighten it up some and I haven't really had to deal with it any more extensively up to this point. Its still not perfect but it has functioned fine after he worked on it so I have just rolled with it. I'm not sure what he did.....but its my understanding that there are bolts that hold the "shell" to the cab and if these are cheap and/or not installed sufficiently they can let go and the 2 structures begin to separate.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #15

And also I just was reviewing my original post and see the pictures I posted are rotated to the left instead of upright. Sorry about that!