Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #1

Help, no Battery power.

I bought a 2016 jay feather 19xud in May and for the first couple trips had no problems. At the end of our last trip when we were leaving the campground and I turned off the generator. I realize that we had no DC power from the battery to close the slide or operate any lights etc.. While I'm plugged into shore power or into my generator everything works fine and the battery tested at 12.46, I've checked all fuses and they look good. I can't find an inline fuse by the battery, I don't think there is one. The ground on the underside of the frame looks clean and tight. What else can I check before taking it to the dealership.
Alaskachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #2

Check for battery voltage at the fuse box. That'll tell you if you have voltage coming from the battery to the fuse box. If there's no voltage, then there's probably an inline fuse somewhere that you're missing. If you have voltage, then one of the fuses is probably bad----most likely the main. Best to pull them and check for continuity as it can sometimes be difficult to tell from visual inspection alone.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #3

Pics

I'm attaching pictures of my fuse panel. Where would I test for the Dc power. I assume the black an white wires at the top which is on the left In this picture but I don't know about these things. Thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Alaskachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskachef View Post
I bought a 2016 jay feather 19xud in May and for the first couple trips had no problems. At the end of our last trip when we were leaving the campground and I turned off the generator. I realize that we had no DC power from the battery to close the slide or operate any lights etc.. While I'm plugged into shore power or into my generator everything works fine and the battery tested at 12.46, I've checked all fuses and they look good. I can't find an inline fuse by the battery, I don't think there is one. The ground on the underside of the frame looks clean and tight. What else can I check before taking it to the dealership.
Did you ever fix your battery problem?

We bought a new 2016 jay feather 7 19xud in June, 2017. After about 2 weeks we also discovered that anything that should work on the battery didn't. Battery was fully charged at 12.7 volts.

After many phone calls to our dealer 120 miles away who kept telling us that there should be a weather proof box with a 30 amp fuse very close to the battery on the outside or in our storage area. There was no fuse in the areas they said it had to be.

It was located inside the trailer, under the banquet seat that went from trailer side to trailer side. (not the seat with the water heater and water pump) In the storage cavity was a small panel, maybe 6 inches square held closed with screws. After removing the screws and cover we were surprised to find the blown 30 amp fuse for the battery. Replaced the fuse and all of the lights and slide out worked.

We don't know why the fuse blew as it was sitting in a driveway not hooked to any power source but we now have a pack of the fuses if it happens again.

The surprising thing was that no one at the RV service center knew where the fuse was located.
lfcave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery help