Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2024, 07:06 AM   #1

High pitch beeping from power inverter.

We have a 2023 264BH with the solar option. No modifications have been made from factory. Our first trip out for the year we had a blown fuse in the breaker box that was for the furnace. Replaced the fuse and all was fine but later heard a very high pitch beeping coming from the power inverter. When the breaker for the power inverter is turned off the beeping stops. I turned off the breaker to the shore power at the campsite for about an hour then back on. The beeping did not happen the rest of the trip (1 night and left the next day) We are now on our second trip and the beeping is happening again. I pulled the cover of the breaker box and pulled out the inverter to verify that it definitely coming directly from the power inverter. Powering down at the shore power made it stop for a few hours but it eventually starts again. Any suggestions on what might be causing this is greatly appreciated. I will be calling the service department again after the holiday. I have a video of the sound but the file is not able to be uploaded.
mmowen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 09:54 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!
Can you please give some information? Model number of inverter? Type of batteries and how many for the RV? Do you notice your lights dimming when it happens? Do you have an electric meter? What is powered by the inverter? Does it continue to beep if furnace fuse is pulled?
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 10:35 AM   #3

I have an attached pictures of the inverter and the battery. We have one of these batteries. Have not noticed the lights dimming when this is happening. Correct me if I am wrong but the inverter is changing the 120v to 12 volt. The only things that I believe that are running on 12 volt is our fridge, the battery charger, possibly the igniter for the on demand water heater, igniter for the furnace and the radio. We have not used the furnace at all on this trip. We have used the air conditioner but it has happened both when the air is off and when on. Yes I have a multimeter.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0255.jpg   IMG_0259.jpg   IMG_0260.jpg  
Old 05-26-2024, 11:22 AM   #4

Ok, First thing, that is a converter, not an inverter. So, it converts shore power to run your nominal 12 volt dc system. Your voltage can be from 0 volts to max of about 14.4 volts. Realistically it should not be run down much below 11.7 volts. Causes battery damage. With battery fully charged and converter on, you should read 13.1 or 13.2 volts. After shore power off, should settle to around 12.6 volts.
Now for the beeping. (My best guess) If the output voltage of the converter gets to 19 volts, it will start beeping. Meaning that it is too high. It can harm your battery. Sounds like you may need to replace it. Better than damage battery and replace it. Check your voltage often to see what it’s doing. If higher than 15, replace it asap.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:34 PM   #5

Ok it started beeping again. I was getting 13.7 v with the converter on and 13 when I turned the breaker off for the converter. I did notice that the cooling fan on the board only runs for about 3 seconds then stops, about 20 seconds later it spins again for another 3 seconds. Could the beeping be an error single that the cooling fan is not operating correctly?
Old 05-26-2024, 06:34 PM   #6

Great so far. This is the manual that says nothing about the alarm. If you turn on all your lights , the fan will probably run. The fan runs when amps are flowing, not temperature sensitive. https://www.wfcotech.com/wp-content/...ies-Manual.pdf
I suggest you call this number for WFCO Tech support. (877)294-8997
Best wishes, Kevin