Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #1

I broke my 22fb ;-(

Yes, only had it 2 months and I broke something. Good thing being, it was an fairly inexpensive fix :-)

We got home from a visit to Saint John. (4 hrs). Drive was nasty at times, 50% of the vehicles pulled over to the side of road because it was raining and hailing that hard. Vehicles that stayed on hwy, we're doing 40 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Anyhow, when started unhooking the RV, we pinched the wiring harness under the front Jack. We plugged it back in, but had no lights. We then had to replace the wiring harness. Picked up one at local RV shop $40., and they said just match colour to colour and it would be fine. I did call my dealer and he warned me sometime the aftermarket cables are different.

Well, sure enough after matching it up I tested it. When I put on my turn signal, the 4 way flashers came on ;-((. Then time to get out Jayco manual to see if they had a wiring diagram, to match up with the aftermarket cable diagram (ok, so I did take my Wife's advice at that point ;-( )

Well, turned out red went to blue, green to brown, and brown to green %-(
I got everthing working, except for the running lights. It too my buddy and I about 10 minutes to figure out As I turned the light switch on the truck, I had the running lights till I got to the final position on the switch ????
Then we realized that the truck has an automatic headlight position, in which the running lights only come on when it gets dark and that's in the final position ;-((((

We had a good laugh at ourselves over that one :-)))
Everything is now back to working great, and were headed out for 8 days this wknd!!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #2

Well, I guess you can say, it's been christened now!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #3

Well you are not alone! Not long after I got mine, I didnt have the trailer cable routed quite right --- I took a hard turn and all of a sudden the trailer jerked to a stop and the brake controller went nuts -- I pinched my 7 pin cable and shorted out everything -- all kinds of fuses in the trailer and the TV were blown...luckily they did their job and nothing was fried....

I spliced my cable, wrapped it in heat shrink tubing, and it is still that way...I keep telling myself I need to replace it - but so far so good so I have stuck with it...

You can bet your trailer that I am very careful now how I route it

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote