Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2014, 01:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
I ruined the mother board in the refrigerator of our Prowler TT. The garage outlet was not wired correctly. I could touch the steps with my hand and get a tingle.
__________________

__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 113
You may find the following link of some value re: hot skin conditions:

https://www.heartlandowners.org/show...ctrical-shocks
__________________

__________________
2004 Suburban 2500 LT 8.1L/4.10/4x4
Putnam XDR Class V, Equalizer 1400#
2006 Jayco Eagle 264BHS
Iota DLS-55, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C, Trimetric TM-2025

WIBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
IF you bought it from a dealer take it back NOW...
__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Plowtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hamilton, MI
Posts: 430
Turns out those of you who said to check the shore power outlet were correct :-) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I bought the tester last night and sure enough, the outlet in the garage indicates an open ground. I checked the garage door opener outlet and it was fine, so I switched the cord to that plug and NO MORE SHOCK. I also (for good measure) checked all the outlets in the camper itself and all are correct.
As for the camper, although it is 14 years old, the only thing I could find that doesn't work correctly is the propane detector (it was unplugged when we bought it). Thanks again for all the good info!! Going on our first outing for the season tomorrow, so hopefully it will be a good one! Thanks again, Dave
__________________
'97 Jayco Eagle 314BHS

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Newburgh, Indiana
Posts: 26
Unfortunately, you are not done yet. Even with an open ground you should not have been shocked. Nope, all the current should have been returned via the neutral conductor. The ground connection is there in case the current isn't going to the neutral side. You need to look further for the problem just in case you pull into a campground that has a high-resistance ground. Many campgrounds have a GFCI on the power post - odds are you'll trip the GFCI and won't have shore power. I suggest you start checking the trailer circuits to make sure you don't have an unbalanced current flow.
__________________
Ross & Joan - 2014 185RB - 2012 Ford Escape V6/4WD
RossCecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
lx22f/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Friendswood
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
Turns out those of you who said to check the shore power outlet were correct :-) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I bought the tester last night and sure enough, the outlet in the garage indicates an open ground. I checked the garage door opener outlet and it was fine, so I switched the cord to that plug and NO MORE SHOCK. I also (for good measure) checked all the outlets in the camper itself and all are correct.

As for the camper, although it is 14 years old, the only thing I could find that doesn't work correctly is the propane detector (it was unplugged when we bought it). Thanks again for all the good info!! Going on our first outing for the season tomorrow, so hopefully it will be a good one! Thanks again, Dave

Glad it is taken care of. Have a good trip and post up some pictures of all that food you will cook up on the new griddle!!!
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Threebutchers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 6,818
..
Attached Images
 
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Plowtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hamilton, MI
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCecil View Post
Unfortunately, you are not done yet. Even with an open ground you should not have been shocked. Nope, all the current should have been returned via the neutral conductor. The ground connection is there in case the current isn't going to the neutral side. You need to look further for the problem just in case you pull into a campground that has a high-resistance ground. Many campgrounds have a GFCI on the power post - odds are you'll trip the GFCI and won't have shore power. I suggest you start checking the trailer circuits to make sure you don't have an unbalanced current flow.
O.k, I thought I would still replace the rusted ground wire connectors that come through the floor and bolt to the frame just for good measure. There are 3 in a row (2 bare copper, and one insulated strands). I guess I will start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22f/c View Post
Glad it is taken care of. Have a good trip and post up some pictures of all that food you will cook up on the new griddle!!!
Thanks. I am excited to finally use the griddle for more than just my wife and I. My folks and sister and brother inlaw and nephew are going too, so there will be a few to cook for. The big fishing trip is in just a few weeks and will have at least 21 to cook for. Now if we can just get the weather to cooperate, highs forcast to be only in the low to mid 50s this weekend...
__________________

__________________
'97 Jayco Eagle 314BHS

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.