Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Irv6500 dvd and Jensen TV

Can anyone tell me how I can have my TV sound come through the DVD speakers rather then the TV Speaker. We have a 2015 Jayco 306rkds travel trailer with the Jensen TV and iRV6500BT DVD unit.

john
JohnAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

You need to pull out the IRV unit and connect an audio cable from the TV audio out to the Aux in on the IRV unit.
The IRV unit doesn't have an HDMI jack so no way to hook it up there.
You will have to crank up the volume on the IRV head unit to hear the TV audio but it will work.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

I had a quick demo at the dealer and then when I got home it wouldn't work. I pulled out the ivr, checked wiring a number of times and couldn't figure it out. Finally I got it working, but I don't have it around to verify the settings. I want to say the TV setting for audio out needs to be set to fixed (not variable) and perhaps this can't be changed (or seen) unless you have the TV speakers set to off. Then the aux works on the IVR for audio output.

I spent a few hours pulling out the ivr, checking cables, got some spare speakers to test with, etc and it was just this setting on the TV. I probably changed it running the TV setup when I got home without knowing it broke the audio output.
mini4mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnderson View Post
Can anyone tell me how I can have my TV sound come through the DVD speakers rather then the TV Speaker. We have a 2015 Jayco 306rkds travel trailer with the Jensen TV and iRV6500BT DVD unit.

john
Got some pics that may help Post # 30
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...n-27223-3.html
Future Projects : Kitchen faucet w pulldown sprayer DONE , bathroom faucet and shower head DONE, dimmer for awning lights DONE, Clear door window kit DONE, internal&external fridge fans DONE
denn888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

can anyone tell me about the on board radio/ Jensen computer on a 2015 Jayco Precept 31 UL and why it freezes up in the middle of a movie/DVD? It gets very hot and I have already had a second replacement by the factory. It is doing the same thing over and over on eery DVD I play. Then when I eject it, it comes out very hot!
frettinphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #6

Go into the TV settings. Change the speakers from I ternal to external. Then change the volume from variable to fixed.

This will allow sound to go through the iRV. The dealer told me it wouldn't work. They just didn't know that the TV settings needed to be changed.

No extra wires. No need to pull out the iRV.
lilbald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:46 PM   #7

Jensen television sound through iRV

Trying to upload pics. This is how you use the Jensen television with the iRV without rewiring.
Attached Thumbnails
20150804_154010.jpg   20150804_153943.jpg  
lilbald1 is offline   Reply With Quote