Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #11

Beauxbill
I agree with Bob but if you plan on replacing your tv soon for a newer Tundra with the 5.7 L motor this trailer your looking at may fit the bill. You may wish you had purchased this trailer if your present tv will be replaced with one that is more capable. I'm in a similar position and that is why I mention it. Btw my present Corolla has 640 thousand kilometers on it and still going strong.

Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #12

When buying a new trailer always look for one that is two feet longer than you think you will need.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #13

Jayco Dealer

I do see anything that i can pull from jayco , maybe a pup but want a tt so...............looking at everyone ,unable to get new tv , trying to make this work out.
geauxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
Site Team

Have you looked at the Jayco Swift SLX series? both floorplans under 3200lbs GVWR. Or are they too small for your needs?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #15

jayco dealer

Bit to small, grandkids,plus we want to travel out west in a tt to just see what we can see,other vendors have some lighter stuff, but not as good as jayco,
geauxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #16
Site Team

Just my opinion but if you buy something that`s big but REAL light, you may run into construction durability issues. So with a larger TT a larger TV may be in order. Since you say another TV is out of the cards, and I can certainly understand that as we do not all have the money to go get a new one on demand, Take your time and weigh all the options including hybrids and yes popups and maybe the right TT with some compromises.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #17

geauxbill,
I can't offer any better advice than what's already been offered, but I can give my limited experience. The bride and I picked up our TT on the 19th and drug it 1100 miles home. We started looking at a pup but quickly changed our minds when we looked at a couple of hard-sides. We picked the 23B as it was a great weight for our existing TV (03 ford expedition 5.4). We were lucky in that we already own a suitable TV. We picked a hybrid model because of the combination of the shorter length vs. The avail room when the beds are extended. We plan to travel this great country of ours in extended outings of 30-ish days or so once I reitre. The bad news is that's still 5 years out. We have a single g'son and expect he will spend time with us, oh yeah his parents too. We will spend the next few years sorting out if this size and configuration that is right for us. I can tell already that the hybrid is a bit more of a pain to set up and strike but manageable - so far.
The hardest part of our first outing was scrubbing the love-bugs off the front end after we got home.
Continue surfing this site (and others) for good advice, remember that no one here is trying to sell you something and everyone shares a common interest.
Good luck, and stay in touch.
Cheers,
T_

RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote