Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2021, 07:02 PM   #1

Jayco moving to Furrion AC

According to the YouTube famous Josh the RV nerd at Haylett RV, Jayco will be using Furrion AC units in the Jay Feather and White Hawk lines for 2022. Has anyone installed one or have any time using them? I'm sure price point is always under consideration when acquiring parts for building. New doesn't always mean bad. I remember the Carrier AirV when they first came out. It was a great unit. Always figured they would have stuck around. Oh well.. Happy Camping!
buttrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttrys View Post
According to the YouTube famous Josh the RV nerd at Haylett RV, Jayco will be using Furrion AC units in the Jay Feather and White Hawk lines for 2022. Has anyone installed one or have any time using them? I'm sure price point is always under consideration when acquiring parts for building. New doesn't always mean bad. I remember the Carrier AirV when they first came out. It was a great unit. Always figured they would have stuck around. Oh well.. Happy Camping!
It's been around a few years and has good reviews on eTrailer. Also it is 15,500 btu vs 15,000. Looks taller though so that may be why it's on the units where height clearance is not an issue, saving Coleman and Dometic for the higher rigs.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:45 PM   #3

This is the worst ac we have ever owned. On the max setting it cools our hybrid 10 degrees cooler than outside temperature.
We have had this back to the dealer two times. When they were testing the ac this week the squirrel cage went to pieces.
We can not trust this Chinese junk. We replaced the ac that came with the trailer because it was 12 years old. Wish we could get the old one back.
Furrion selling point is it is quiet. It is very loud! The plastic cover on the inside is hard to clean the filters. The cover falls out ever time we pull it. Please do not get a Furrion air conditioner. This is junk! It will never last.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #4

Furrion is replacing our ac. The dealer did not know how to fix it. I emailed Furrion and that day they started the replacement. Thank you Furrion. Thank you my dealer for doing nothing.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote