Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #1

Jayflight 264HB speakers and tv

Hey all!
We picked up our camper last week and went to the KOA. We purchased a tv so we could watch the channels that came there. When our AC is on and running, it's almost impossible to hear the TV without blasting it.

With the iRV-29 system, how do we hook up the TV so it will run into the speakers of the camper? There is an HDMI cable and a red and white cable that were hanging when we bought it.

I tried to run an HDMI from the TV to the front of the systems HDMI port, nothing. I plugged the red and white into my TV and put on "Aux In" and nothing. The tv only has 1 HDMI port.

We aren't sure what else to do.. the only options on our stereo are Bluetooth, radio and the Aux In.

2020 Jayflight SLX 264HB

Thanks in advance! Jess
jspring85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:32 PM   #2

I think the television would need to be ARC compatible or an RCA audio out or headphone input in the back. Optical is another option. you might need a digital to analog converter. HDMI to HDMI can work if they are arc compatible and you use a HI speed HDMI cable. Or HDMI to HDMI and an additional rca cables or optical cable.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:28 PM   #3

Unfortunately, as it comes from the factory, there is no way to do it. If your TV had an audio out, you could, but the one that came in our 242bhs did not. Actually neither of the new TV's I bought have it either, only input. If there is a headphone out on the TV, you could get an adaptor wire that has the headphone jack on one end and the R/W RCA ends on the other. There is a L/R RCA input on the back of the radio, that's the RCA hanging wires, but the TV is probably only input, not output.

The HDMI port on the radio is nothing but a pass through. There is an HDMI out on the back of the radio, that is plugged in to one of the HDMI's on the TV. It's just pass through, does not go through the radio, matter of fact, it works when the radio is off. If you plug the hanging HDMI into you TV, you can them plug a game or other unit into the radio HDMI instead of having to go to the back of the TV.