Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2023, 05:11 PM   #1

JBL Aura Stereo

Our System today has started flashing an "upgrade" message every few seconds. It is on the HDMI output, but not allowing volume control/input selection. We use a Fire stick with the dumb TV that came with the camper, and it always comes on with HDMI 1 selected. That is not working either. The TV works fine on the TV input. Have not seen this before. Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2023, 05:50 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Well, I fixed it if you can call it that. For those familiar with this "basic" stereo setup, it is not exactly high end or even mid range. Fiddling with it some more last night, frustrated since all I had available was basic OTA channels, and the Wi-Fi at Creekfire is very basic and barely passable. I noticed that the power button appeared to be depressed, it is supposed to move slightly and make a subtle click. Unit has a removable plastic fascia that has the cutout for all the different buttons we can press. once removed, you can see that all the buttons protrude from the unit slightly, and are not recessed inside, although that is what it looks like with the plastic cover on. Turns out that the "cutout" for the power switch was not aligned perfectly, and literally pushing against the power switch constantly. Once cover was removed, it was all well, although it took a few minutes of turning power on off to it and TV, as well as playing with the outputs on the Aura. Even though it all appeared fine, the HDMI output on the Aura, needed to use the Firestick, was not playing along. I even thought maybe it had gone bad,but after a few minutes I am guessing the electronic gremlins reset themselves and all is well now. I will reinstall the cover this morning and see where we stand.