Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #1

Just Installed a TPMS in my F-150

I spent three hours installing a TST-507 TPMS in my '08 F-150 Screw. At least one hour was spent just locating the wires to hardwire the monitor to the truck (I tapped into the power lead and ground lead going to the rear power window so there would be power going to the monitor only when the ignition is on), another hour routing and connecting the wires, then the last hour setting up the system. If you want the blow by blow, including pictures, on the installation, you can read it here: http://www.f150online.com/forums/electrical-systems/513520-power-source.html#post5214488.

For some reason, my sensors didn't want pair up with the monitor at first but I eventually got it done. Setting the high and low pressure drove me crazy at first (that was where I wasted the most time). The first tire pressure setting you come to is the high pressure alarm. My truck's tires are supposed be inflated to 35 lb. so the high pressure alarm needed to be set to 42 lb., roughly 20% above 35 lb. However, every time I got it down to 100 lb., it would roll over to 185 lb. I went nuts reading the instructions over and over until I finally figured out the high pressure alarm setting can't be lower than the low pressure alarm setting. So I scrolled through to the low pressure setting, set it to 31 lb., roughly 10% under 35 lb., then scrolled on through back to the high pressure alarm setting and was able to lower it down to 42 lb. (TST really needs to change the order of the high and low pressure settings). I had to do this for the steering axle, the rear axle, and the spare (I used one position on the second axle position on the monitor for the spare). I left the temperature setting at 158°F.

It took a few minutes for the monitor to start reading all the sensors but, once it got there, the reading rotates from tire to tire every five seconds.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #2

Lady Fitz- Glad you got that all figured out. I installed mine last year and had some of the same set up issues you described. Manual could be better, huh?
Had a problem last fall with the unit not reading a tire's psi all of a sudden. Sent it back and they tested all components and found them all functional. Also sent me a free repeater to use as they felt that would help. I haven't installed it yet but I only pull a 27' TT and it's not that far to the rear tires. Headed out in a few days to Tuscon so I will see how it works without the repeater. If it fails again I will install the repeater and hope for the best.
BTW, it gives me peace of mind having a TPMS and also breaks the monotony of driving long stretches of interstate highway.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

TST Color Monitor

See below
Attached Thumbnails
New Color Monitor.jpg  
MbensonTST is offline   Reply With Quote