Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #71

I guess you could but not sure why you would spend the money on it just to keep generator from losing a couple hundred rpm during initial load. That is normal and not an issue, it seems you have enough generator so adding a micr air is a bit superflous. But to each his own.

Pickledill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledill View Post
I guess you could but not sure why you would spend the money on it just to keep generator from losing a couple hundred rpm during initial load. That is normal and not an issue, it seems you have enough generator so adding a micr air is a bit superflous. But to each his own.
Thanks. So to be clear, the genny REALLY bogs down. On of my firends actually thought it might stall. I think he was exaggerating, but you get my point.

I've been using generators and power equipment for decades, so believe me when I say this is more than a minor RPM drop. The fan in the TT actually kicks off briefly when the compressor is kicking on, whereas on shore power there is no problem at all.

The Yamaha 3000iSEB is a 2800W genny with a 400W surge, so I think that I am right up against the top of the power curve when the compressor kicks on. I'd rather find a solution (even if it means a bigger genny) rather than push the Yamaha hard all the time and have it crap out in the middle of nowhere.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:08 AM   #73

I certainly am not an expert but it seems if your gennie is putting out the advertised power it should start that a/c without that much drama. Is there other draws on system while attempting this? Converter charging batteries, other potential areas where power is being used during startup? I do understand that a micro air would eliminate that hassle but it will also eliminate money out of your retirement fund! Lol
Old 08-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #74

Quote:
I certainly am not an expert but it seems if your gennie is putting out the advertised power it should start that a/c without that much drama. Is there other draws on system while attempting this? Converter charging batteries, other potential areas where power is being used during startup? I do understand that a micro air would eliminate that hassle but it will also eliminate money out of your retirement fund! Lol
The current draw upon "start up" is the issue here. And that's what the MicroAir is designed to minimize...which allows smaller generators to start an ac unit they normally couldn't.
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #75

Understand that fully. A 3k generator should start a 15k a/c without a micro air without the significant difficulty he has described.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #76

Even if you have enough generator I like it for the fact it can save your AC in campgrounds with poor power delivery. Here is a quote right from easy starts web page :

EasyStart is the perfect solution that allows an air conditioner or refrigeration compressor to operate on a generator, inverter, or limited utility power when it would otherwise not have functioned.
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #77

Quote:
Understand that fully. A 3k generator should start a 15k a/c without a micro air without the significant difficulty he has described.

Total agreement.
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #78

I just got a 2019 RLOK 5th wheel with dual 15K ACs. I bought a Honda 2200 to start with, with the idea to get dual 2200s and install mico easy starts in both A/Cs. My single Honda 2200 runs the main 15K A/C just fine. Still saving up for the 2nd 2200, and micro starts ( and lithium batteries, solar, tire pressure monitor, ...etc etc
mandmNoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #79

As a recent micro air convert, I can say "Before micro air it couldn't and after installation it can". I have a H2000 I that is 8 years old. Others have commented about the H2200 but in my case I am the owner of a 2000 and my alternative was to replace the 2nd unit I sold along with my houseboat 3 years ago.

No brainer on this decision. Just an eye opener to me and am asking myself why I waited so long to make the jump to microair.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote