Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

LCI Control -Jayco half baked!

Ok I normally don’t post opinion but maybe be by chance Lippert or Jayco may be listening.

A little history, I had a 2017 Eagle HT 28.5RSTS fifth wheel with Lippert auto level. Had the large control pad on the outside which controlled the auto leveling system and on the inside had a small wireless portable touch pad that not only controlled the auto leveler but awning light, awning open and close, and open close all three slides. It controlled all the main components on the trailer.

Sold the 2017, now have a 2018 Eagle 321RSTS, it had an upgraded color touch panel which I assumed was more. hA!
One the color touch control I can control:
1Awning, but I have two, other awning has to be controlled from manual switches.
1 awning light, but I have two, other light is controlled from manual switch.
Not to mention, Training videos on unit on color touch control show a bunch of features it can do that where not connected, generator control, tank levels and much more. Called Lippert, said yes they knew the software was out of date said I should get the My LCI app for current video. Not a good answer for a new customer Repeat customer also!”

I deal in electronics and software from a total different industry but it obviously LCI and Jayco took a square peg and put it in a round hole. Why install more to do less????????

Note to both Jayco and LCI, you got me, but if you keep half baking you product it will soon catch up with you .
vicchap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #2

First off, this is a Jayco issue, not Lippert. The OneControl/MyRv system can do many things, but only if manufacturers install the necessary components. For example, tank level monitoring that you refer to requires the tank level module, (most) lighting requires the lighting module. Manufacturers like Jayco get to pick and choose which modules that they install, and that ultimately determines what features you get.

Guessing from what you have described, 1 light, 1 awning, and what you have not mentioned (landing gear, stabilizers, and slides) is that Jayco installed an 8 channel controller, which can control 7 reversible motors (awnings, slides, jacks), and one lighting channel. If you have a wall mounted 5" or 7" screen, chances are that controller is connected via CANBUS to it. For the other awning there may be another Lippert controller, or the awning may simply be wired directly to the switch. There are again, decisions that Jayco made.

You can expand the system. I did and didn't even have a touch screen in my Eagle HT I started. Check out this thread to see what I've done.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #3

Thanks always wondered what that key pad was for in my Eagle RSTS!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #4

Curious since we’re on the LC1 controller. When I first installed the app on my iPhone I was able to connect to the inside touch screen panel of my 2018 321RSTS Eagle fifth wheel.
It will no longer connect and says we don’t have WiFi so when I try to connect it asks for password that I have no clue of other than the one on sticker. I tried the ones on the sticker located inside the cabinet but no luck.

Ideas on how to maybe reset the entire system and try a do over?
I tried to upload a photo of the sticker but it errors on this site and says to do a contact us, and stated invalid file type but it’s a jpg, and tried picture and attachment.

Oh well a master reset? I see a pin hole at the led screen.
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #5

Are you sure that the wireless module is working? Do you see the wireless SSID?

The WiFi feature of the MyRv system uses two devices; a CANBUS to Ethernet bridge, and a WiFi to Ethernet bridge. The LCD has nothing to do with WiFi, that is where the bridges come in. The wall mounted LCD connects to the rest of the system via CANBUS. If that’s working for you there’s nothing to be gained by a reset.

I would look for those two modules and make sure they’re both powering on and that nothing has become disconnected. You can also power cycle them as a precaution as well.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #6

I think it is my phone wants to connect to it but always says no WiFi I believe. I will check in a little bit
Old 09-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #7

I have no clue where the CanBus would be located. I read once about the router may Be in a false wall above the coat closet. Which is above the wall display.
The Jayco manual doesn’t go into much detail
Old 09-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #8

If I walk within 25 feet of the camper it comes up MyRv_2021.....etc. on my WiFi settings. If I try to connect to it I am asked for a password and this is where I am lost. To my knowledge I never set a password and if I had I have a password scheme for all my passwords so I won’t forget them.i tried the password on the sticker in the camper in the upper closet wall above the coat closet. I believe this may be the false wall I read about where maybe the CanBus modules you may be speaking f of might be located.
Ideas? And thanks too!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #9

That password should work to get access to that SSID.

Try following the steps in this document from Lippert.

I would also try poower cycling the equipment inside the false wall.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #10

Thanks for the document appreciate it. I agree it may just need cycle power
Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
That password should work to get access to that SSID.

Try following the steps in this document from Lippert.

I would also try poower cycling the equipment inside the false wall.

It won’t open. Do you mind trying again or my email is jaykaiser@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #12

I read the url and went to lippert and got the pdf. Tried this before so will cycle power and pass back for others sake the results. God bless!
Old 09-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
Curious since we’re on the LC1 controller. When I first installed the app on my iPhone I was able to connect to the inside touch screen panel of my 2018 321RSTS Eagle fifth wheel.
It will no longer connect and says we don’t have WiFi so when I try to connect it asks for password that I have no clue of other than the one on sticker. I tried the ones on the sticker located inside the cabinet but no luck.

Ideas on how to maybe reset the entire system and try a do over?
I tried to upload a photo of the sticker but it errors on this site and says to do a contact us, and stated invalid file type but it’s a jpg, and tried picture and attachment.

Oh well a master reset? I see a pin hole at the led screen.
I shut down completely the camper front ac & inverter and I was able to get on the LCI perfect. So back up and running. Thanks all for the suggestions.