Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #1

Lemon?

We bought a 2017 Greyhawk 31FS in November and it has been in and out of the shop non-stop with no end in sight.

The problems are mostly electrical / media. I am wondering at what point others would begin to seek a different recourse than continuing to have a less than fully operational and only having it half the time.

So far the cabin DVD player has been replaced, which fixed skipping problems, but the picture is still a mess.

The keyless entry was replaced (works fine now).

90 degree HDMI adapters were installed in the bunks in an attempt to fix intermittent signal to both bunk TVs. When that didn't solve the problem, the HDMI splitter was replaced. It's still not working and the next step is pulling new Cat 5 or HDMI cable thru the rig.

We decided to pick it up yesterday while awaiting the cables, but were surprised to find the slides no longer work and my level indicators for batt and water are inoperative.

I bought this thing to relieve stress, and so far it's caused more than it's relieved.

Is this normal break-in woes or did I get a dud rig?

Thanks,
cw4ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #2

Sorry you have had so many woes so early on but most sound fixable. I know as to all my woes i had just ordering mine and then with the water system that it can be frustrating but i can say after the issues were fixed i have enjoyed this one much more than previous ones i have had. I hope they get it fixed soon for you so you can begin making happy memories instead of worrying
Old 03-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #3

Thanks for the response Paintin.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #4

I would say that you got more than the average amount of issues. While i understand it is frustrating, I would take a little comfort in the fact that your issues are with wiring for the tv's and not water leaks, wall separations, etc.

Hopefully they get it straightened away for you.

Worst case, contact Jayco and make an appointment to take it to the Factory for repair.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #5

Thanks CD.