Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #1

LiFePo4 and inverter upgrade in class A

Has anyone upgraded the inverter in their Alante (and possibly Precept) from the Xantrex XMPrro1000 to the XMPro1800 or a pure sine wave inverter without a built in transfer switch? I'm in the process of doing this AND upgrading to a LiFePo4 400ah battery and installing it under the bed next to the inverter. I have the new battery and inverter connected and working together. I'm trying to get the inverter connected to the existing everyday now and seem to be having some issues

Old 01-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #2

The last sentence make no sense.

Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
The last sentence make no sense.
Damn autocorrect! Should have been "...existing electrical..."

I got it all connected now and everything seems to work, except my main power switch does not turn off now! Not a big issue since I have solar installed and that will charge far more than the switch light will consume.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 PM   #4

I completed the wiring of my "proof of concept". The OEM Progressive Dynamics charger/converter is disabled and I installed the 40a charger that came with the battery. When I plug my shore cord into the new 30a outlet I installed with the other end directly wired to the 2000w pure sine wave inverter (upgraded to this instead of the Xantrex xm1800) with 12/2 AC wiring, I can now run everything in the RV of the battery (I will not run the air conditioner this way). When I had many of the interior lights on and the microwave, the battery meter showed 1760w being pulled.

- I'm now working on installing an on/off switch between the 300a fuse coming from the battery + terminal to the inverter. Two other + wires will be added to this switch.
- Adding a - two-pole bus bar between the battery - terminal and the inverter. Two other - wires will be added to this bus bar.
- Running the wires for the battery monitor from under the bed to the wall across the bed where the solar MT50 remote is located.
- Running wires for the inverter remote switch from under the bed to the same wall as the battery monitor and MT50.
- Install USB ports into the side wall under the bed and wired directly to the 300a fuse and negative bus bar.
- I also installed a switchable 50a breaker coming from the + terminal of the solar charge controller going to the battery. This will allow me to turn off the solar charging when the temps are expected to drop below freezing.

A couple more days and I should have this project completed!