Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

Lost battery power in White Hawk 24RKS

Went on our final camping trip in the Adirondacks this weekend and lost 12 volt power from the battery. Inverter seems to be working when plugged into AC (generator) and all 12 volt items work until I shut off the generator. The inline fuse at the battery is ok and the reverse polarity fuse in the inverter is ok, but no DC power. Does the battery feed thru the inverter when running on the battery or is the inverter output just paralleled with the DC wiring? Is there a connector in the back of the inverter that the dc from the battery plugs into? I hate to pull the inverter out as the unit is still under warranty. I'll be taking it to the dealer if I have to but would rather fix it myself if it is something simple. I also looked under the trailer but saw nothing out of the ordinary with the wiring from front to back. The battery is also ok. Tongue jack works; plugging the whip into the tow vehicle still does not provide power to the inside.

Strange problem...
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #2

Do a continuity on the fuse at the battery. As well as the fuse or fuses in the inverter. They may not look blown but actually could be. Also, check the fuses in the panel itself. Again, they may not look blown, which is why you should check continuity across their contacts.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #3

I actually replaced the fuses with "ones known to be good"
Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #4

I would suspect the battery disconnect switch or associated circuitry. There should also be a major bus fuse possibly attached to the battery box somewhere or at least very close to the battery.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #5

There is no battery disconnect on the trailer and all fuses have been replaced. I strongly believe the problem is in the converter. Going to see the dealer on Monday. I was just wondering if any one else has experienced a converter failure and what their symptoms were. Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #6

If 12VDC is present when you're using the generator or shore power, that tells me that your converter is supplying this power. If your battery is charged, then there's an open somewhere between your battery and the converter. There will be a direct connection between your battery and your converter.

Take a look at my previous post today (Electrical Problem Solved) and you'll find another possibility.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

Problem solved! Turned out to be a blown fuse after all

The fuse was in the converter panel. It was the main fuse to the battery; turns out there are two main fuses, one at the battery and one in the converter. The one in the converter was not marked and is the fuse next to the 40 amp reverse polarity fuse. It is a 30 amp fuse and the LED beside it to denote when the fuse is blown did not light! I feel kind of stupid now but am glad I have it fixed! Thanks everyone for the help and ideas. I eventually got it

At least I didn't embarrass myself further by dragging the trailer to the dealer!
Old 10-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #8

YAY! Nothing like success!