Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #1

Low or no water pressure

I purchased a used 2003 Jayco Greyhawk 26ss and cannot get water pressure from the pump. I called a Jayco dealer and they tell me that there must be a bypass valve open but I can't find it. I followed the information on filling tank from the PDF manual and that didn't help. If I shut all valves the pump will build up pressure and shut off but as soon as I open up the feed valves the pump starts up and continues to run with no water pressure to any of the utilities. Any suggestions. I can't find a water distribution schematic on line and don't have any of the original owners manuals, only the PDF one that is very minimal. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thomas Faussett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
Site Team

If you have a outside shower, verify the valves are off.

Verify that your water heater is not in the bypass state if you have bypass valves.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #3

Do you get water pressure when hooked up to city water? I get sediment in my aerators, both in the bath and the kitchen sink and it always happens after I blow out and winterize my lines. Try taking off the aerators and see if that gives you pressure. If it works without the aerators, then the aerators probably need to be cleaned. I have now learned that I must take off the aerators when I winterize.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #4

Check the screen filter on the suck side of the pump - on the suction line from the FW tank, just upstream from the pump inlet. It sometimes gets clogged. My sister had these same symptoms in her trailer and that's what was causing the problem.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Faussett View Post
I can't find a water distribution schematic on line and don't have any of the original owners manuals, only the PDF one that is very minimal.

We had low water pressure once, and I traced it down to an old Camco inline water filter. I removed that and the pressure was a lot better. We had a new water filter on the next trip.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #6

One thing that is missing from that diagram is the suction hose for winterizing the water system. There should be two valves on the suction side of the pump. One goes to the fresh water tank, the other goes to an open ended hose used to suck in anti freeze. The one to the fresh water tank should be open and the one to the suction hose should be closed.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
One thing that is missing from that diagram is the suction hose for winterizing the water system. There should be two valves on the suction side of the pump. One goes to the fresh water tank, the other goes to an open ended hose used to suck in anti freeze. The one to the fresh water tank should be open and the one to the suction hose should be closed.
Actually two things missing. There might also be a screen-type filter ahead of the pump inlet - on the suction side. It sometimes gets clogged. The pump will run and you will get a trickle of water if it's clogged. Check for that.

And the winterizing valve might not be completely closed. That would account for some water, but not much flow. You could be sucking air and a little water.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote